Author Topic: Engine differences - 140 / 170 CR TDI  (Read 10949 times)

Offline dieseldunc

• Not said much yet
Re: Engine differences - 140 / 170 CR TDI
« Reply #10 on: 24 October 2011, 20:55 »
Cheers Rhyso - that helps persuade me that it's safe to tune mine a bit... :smiley:

Having now driven a GTD (compared to my 140) I'd like the extra oomph (just for fun like).
sssh; it's 'only a diesel'; but i love it!

MK6 GT140 TDi; DBP; Vancouvers; RNS510-D; Convenience pack; Storage pack; Philips Extreme Vision dipped bulbs; blue vision sidelights; red footwell lights; Yeti tips; GTD pedals; GTD gear lever; 'R' mats; RVC; Premium Bluetooth and some TLC.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #11 on: 24 October 2011, 20:57 »
Cheers Rhyso - that helps persuade me that it's safe to tune mine a bit... :smiley:

Having now driven a GTD (compared to my 140) I'd like the extra oomph (just for fun like).

140's tune very well indeed; reminds me a bit of my old 130 TDI  :smiley:

If you think the GTD in standard form is pokey; try a mapped one  :evil:

Offline Chillly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 27 October 2011, 20:11 »
Duncan AMD have a good name in london on DW forum. The plus to them is you go shopping at Lakeside why you wait :grin: Some say you will get 180 bhp but to be safe i hear 170 is near the mark. Some do a 7 day free trial to see if you like which is a bonus :grin: Revo seem to get alot of votes and SWdubs use Revo maps alot so check there for more info. Not sure about the guys on hear as ive only just joined but seems a very helpful club. The omly down side to remaps on new golfs is its not just plug n play so to speak they have to remove something and then replace it. VW are trying harder to stop remaps But Rhyso will im sure explain in more detail.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #13 on: 27 October 2011, 21:02 »
A good strong remap on a healthy engine will produce 175bhp+

Some make more, some less, don't forget to factor in the dyno lotto  :wink:

It really seems hit and miss with regards to the latest cars as to what's anti-tune protected and what isn't.  A rule of thumb seems to be anything past 2010 is anti-tune  :undecided:  Only way around this currently is to perform open heart surgery on your ECU......

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #14 on: 30 October 2011, 07:26 »
Yes the turbo is upgraded as per the above, bottom end is good for 300 Bhp.

You'll be just fine with a bluefin if you don't have anti-tuning protection  :wink: