Author Topic: Appraisal ?  (Read 836 times)

Offline ccsgti

• Not said much yet
Appraisal ?
« on: 22 June 2021, 10:48 »
Wonder if you guys could give me a rough figure for my GTi as im thinking of selling:

63 plate
Gti PP Manual 3 door in White
Dynaudio
Pano roof
Michelin PS4's all around
48k miles
FSH plus loads of receipts (last service done 500 miles ago with OEM spark plugs, oil, filter, cabin filter, air filter etc)
2 Keys
Even comes with the original box with VW flask, pen etc

Overall in very good condition with no damage, scrapes etc and interior is in decent nick for age too. Im thinking maybe 14k at a push?

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Appraisal ?
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2021, 10:54 »
Put it on Motorway for a quick check and maybe hope for an additional £750 for the Dynaudio/Sunroof.

Just my opinion here, but on a car approaching 8 years old, with the expectation of getting half your money back, I think you're way off. I'm thinking more £9-10k
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline ccsgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2021, 11:13 »
Put it on Motorway for a quick check and maybe hope for an additional £750 for the Dynaudio/Sunroof.

Just my opinion here, but on a car approaching 8 years old, with the expectation of getting half your money back, I think you're way off. I'm thinking more £9-10k

Thanks, but please tell me where you can get a sub 50k mile PP for 9 - 10k

Offline ccsgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2021, 11:17 »

Motoway estimate 12.6 which isnt bad.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2021, 11:28 »
I think expectations of £14k might be a little optimistic.

There are currently three 2013/2014 manual white 3 door GTI Golfs for sale on Autotrader - all being sold by dealers. The most expensive is £15.5k (just under 29k miles, leather and panoramic roof). The other two are around £14.5k with 45k - 50k miles - both performance models. 

Those are retail prices, so will include the dealer’s mark up for profit margin, cost of providing a warranty and cost of preparing the car for sale (service/MOT, VED, valet etc.) which could account for £3k - £3.5k of the selling price.

Assuming those retail prices are realistic, I’d say on a good day you might get £11k to £12k, but the price you get would obviously depend on how you’re planning to sell it (e.g. part exchange, selling privately, selling to a car buying service).

I’d forget about original box with VW flask / pen - that’s likely to have been a freebie to you or a previous owner, courtesy of  the VW dealer when they sold the car (I’ve got one, along with a collection of VW umbrellas, pens etc. from previous VW car purchases :smiley:).
« Last Edit: 22 June 2021, 11:30 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2021, 11:37 »
For a private sale I'd estimate somewhere around the £13k mark. As SRGTD says, it will be less if you're selling to someone in the trade for them to sell on.

Used prices are unusually high at the moment. I expect they will begin to soften at some point, but I have no idea when.
7.5 GTD

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2021, 10:57 »

Thanks, but please tell me where you can get a sub 50k mile PP for 9 - 10k

I'm amazed these are retailing for £14k right now, I was thinking nearer £12k (hence £10k selling to a dealer), but with that in mind you'll still only see 75-80% of that, the dealer's got to make some money on it.

Condition is key on an 8 year old car.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 23 June 2021, 12:07 »
I was offered 12k by a dealer for my 15plate PP DSG against a nearly new TCR. I think Motorway offered me 13k. Decided to keep it
and go Revo Stage 1. Yes I feel a bit left behind,(which is a subject of another thread on this page) however the map has me rejuvenated for the MK7.

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP