Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 374500 times)

Offline andygo

• GTI forum regular
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2420 on: 09 June 2015, 18:55 »
Thinking very hard about a mates boxster S, fully loaded. Carbon Ceramic brakes, sports suspension etc etc.

Just weighing up the potential for bills.

He's lending it to me for a weekend, so that's nice. If I don't get that, then a Cayman beckons. Possibly...

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2421 on: 28 June 2015, 12:11 »
So is this the porsche you have now got?
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Last Edit: 30 June 2015, 19:23 by golfhappy »
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline CaptainCaveman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2423 on: 07 July 2015, 08:28 »
For my next car I am thinking of either going for MK6 R or MK5 R32. I know the tuning on the R32 isnt great due to being a N/A engine but I have always wanted one and with prices slowly coming down it's something I am seriously considering in a few years time (plus the noise that v6 make is just amazing), but still got a few more years of enjoyment to get out the GTI yet  :smug:

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #2424 on: 25 August 2015, 13:00 »
Had the ST 2 months finally cracked...everything people report about those cars are true. Handling, engine etc but those seats are awful, bloody awful.
So today i've bought a brand new 3 door white Leon FR. All the toys. I'm going to phone Ford and tell them what i think!
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #2425 on: 25 August 2015, 15:16 »
Had the ST 2 months finally cracked...everything people report about those cars are true. Handling, engine etc but those seats are awful, bloody awful.
So today i've bought a brand new 3 door white Leon FR. All the toys. I'm going to phone Ford and tell them what i think!

Did you mean you had it for 2 month or you had the ST-2. I was looking at one a few months ago as i fancied a swap. Was there any plus points for you?, the 5 cyclinder engine sounds real sweet when they pass by. (even thought you have to re-inforce them) to stop them cracking.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #2426 on: 25 August 2015, 16:08 »

Did you mean you had it for 2 month or you had the ST-2. I was looking at one a few months ago as i fancied a swap. Was there any plus points for you?, the 5 cyclinder engine sounds real sweet when they pass by. (even thought you have to re-inforce them) to stop them cracking.

Sorry it was a Fiesta ST2 did a bluefin remap and boy did it go. The recaro seats are terrible. I just had a thought what was wrong. Where the red cloth meets the leather the seams annoy where your legs and back contact them. Everything else about the car is good.

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #2427 on: 25 August 2015, 16:37 »
Emailed Ford about the seat, we'll see if they reply. Link to car. http://www.westernseat.co.uk/used/SEAT/Leon%203-DoorSC/604756355/

Ok it's not a Golf...but way closer than the Fiesta!  :wink:
« Last Edit: 25 August 2015, 16:38 by golfhappy »

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2428 on: 27 August 2015, 19:45 »
Just been to the dealers to price up a new VW toureg, great spec and 20% off, still undecided though.
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2429 on: 11 September 2015, 20:03 »
Obviously the R is next for me and is now built at on way to port, but partner has just bought this.

He's been looking to swap his ageing Vauxhall Astravan for a pick-up and I managed to dissuade him away from a Mitshubishi Warrior and point him to VW and he's opted for this:

'64 plate Limited Edition Dark Label Amarok, DSG in Deep Black Pearl.  Collect next week.

Just need the dramatic scenery to go with it.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11