Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 374255 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2410 on: 19 November 2014, 13:04 »
Thankyou for your positive comments it's a great car. I'm getting mid forties to the gallon and for a big car it can shift. I haven't washed it yet it went into the garage for a rattle in the door. So after the second attempt to fix it they washed it for me and on the drive home I noticed it had done 26 miles. Must of been a spirited test drive because the mpg had gone down to 34. The door only rattled when opening and closing it so I think they used it to pick up spares from another dealership which happens to be a 26 mile round trip. Cheeky buggers me thinks which I've noted for next time i make a visit. I haven't let it park itself yet but that's on my things to do (nothing like living in the fast lane). My dad drove it and he was that impressed he has parted with his jeep and brought a 2010 r line design passat so booth don't drive a passat it might put you of your next purchase  :grin: I'm enjoying my new purchase but I do miss my gti  :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2411 on: 19 November 2014, 13:39 »
Thankyou for your positive comments it's a great car. I'm getting mid forties to the gallon and for a big car it can shift. I haven't washed it yet it went into the garage for a rattle in the door. So after the second attempt to fix it they washed it for me and on the drive home I noticed it had done 26 miles. Must of been a spirited test drive because the mpg had gone down to 34. The door only rattled when opening and closing it so I think they used it to pick up spares from another dealership which happens to be a 26 mile round trip. Cheeky buggers me thinks which I've noted for next time i make a visit. I haven't let it park itself yet but that's on my things to do (nothing like living in the fast lane). My dad drove it and he was that impressed he has parted with his jeep and brought a 2010 r line design passat so booth don't drive a passat it might put you of your next purchase  :grin: I'm enjoying my new purchase but I do miss my gti  :smiley:

Glad your're enjoying the new beast charlie.  Keep an eye on that cheeky dealer (aren't they all).  Oh, the effort of having to press another pedal down and reach across to the gear knob all the time, such hardship is a distant memory for the likes of dubber and me  :grin:

No danger of me straying from my chosen car path and joing the passat club any time soon, though I do like them a lot.  I'm very single minded and not easily swayed  :wink:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2412 on: 19 November 2014, 15:25 »

Glad your're enjoying the new beast charlie.  Keep an eye on that cheeky dealer (aren't they all).  Oh, the effort of having to press another pedal down and reach across to the gear knob all the time, such hardship is a distant memory for the likes of dubber and me  :grin:

No danger of me straying from my chosen car path and joing the passat club any time soon, though I do like them a lot.  I'm very single minded and not easily swayed  :wink:
lazy pair of southerners  :wink: I don't mind the box in the diesel next time dsg for me  :laugh:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2413 on: 07 June 2015, 10:47 »
Im buying a VW POLO 1.0 TSI 110 SEL for a family member, just have to find the best discount for the required spec now.

Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline davidthegolfer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2414 on: 07 June 2015, 15:20 »
I have been so thoroughly delighted with my Mk VI GTi that I have splashed out on a new Golf R, 5dr, Lapis Blue with Pretorias, NavPro, Leather, and having waited for ever I am collecting it next Saturday.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2415 on: 07 June 2015, 18:10 »
I have been so thoroughly delighted with my Mk VI GTi that I have splashed out on a new Golf R, 5dr, Lapis Blue with Pretorias, NavPro, Leather, and having waited for ever I am collecting it next Saturday.

Nice one, very nice spec.  Look forward to seeing it  :cool:

Same here, loved the Mk6 but moving to a Mk7 R also.  Likely collecting start Sept, so a bit to wait yet.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Screech

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2416 on: 08 June 2015, 08:57 »
After my mk6 will be a mk8 ;)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2417 on: 09 June 2015, 12:17 »
Not for me but other half is thinking of changing from his beloved Astravan to an estate (finally!)

I'm desperately trying to discourage him from getting another Vauxhall (Astra estate).  He wants something cheap but new (£15-17k ish) with a very basic spec (tight git  :laugh:).  It'll be offset against his  business but he doesn't want to lease.  Had a brief glance online last night. 

Skoda Octavia Estate 1.6 manual diesel.  Any good?  Any suggestions?
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Last Edit: 09 June 2015, 12:25 by seabrook132 »

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2419 on: 09 June 2015, 12:28 »
V60 D2? http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201503262070289?atmobcid=soc4

Thanks - interesting Dan, but he's saying he wants new!  He's being a bit optimistic with that  budget I think. I'll have a proper look when I've finished work.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual