Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 374337 times)

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2370 on: 26 October 2014, 07:42 »
Booth,you say long wait,I was expecting a 6 month lead time but my dealer reckons I may have my order by Xmas.
I went in and showed him the orange wheels quote and he matched it without hesitation.I got the price even before we had discussed what I was doing with present car.
It is an Inchscape dealership by the way.
Surely he's wrong it won't be here by Xmas will it.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2371 on: 26 October 2014, 09:14 »
Booth,you say long wait,I was expecting a 6 month lead time but my dealer reckons I may have my order by Xmas.
I went in and showed him the orange wheels quote and he matched it without hesitation.I got the price even before we had discussed what I was doing with present car.
It is an Inchscape dealership by the way.
Surely he's wrong it won't be here by Xmas will it.

AndyG, Xmas seems somewhat optimistic for a late Oct order, unless they had a cancelled slot available.  I would have thought March delivery more realistic.  You might have a very belated xmas pressie   :wink:

I'm not bothered about a long wait, had a 4/5month wait on my last 2 GTIs so it's the norm for me.  If I order it later in the new year then I wouldn't want it till Sept anyway.  I could order it now but a bit too busy at the moment to really focus on it.

I'll be doing the same with the DTD/Orangewheels quote but my local dealer, EuroCanterbury are always extremely reluctant.  To be honest I'm not sure why they bother unlocking the showroom doors at all.  My previous mk5 was bought via orangewheels and was pain free so I don't mind going down that route.  Had to go up to Macclesfield to collect but nice day out.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2372 on: 26 October 2014, 10:38 »
Why don't you want it until September? Surely it would be better to have a box fresh car early in the year when you will be driving it on hopefully dry roads for the first 6 months, rather than subjecting it to mud and salt and crap when it's just a few weeks old. Having a new car that's less work to keep clean will help lengthen the 'new car feeling'.

As for dealers by you, my Father-in-law was always looked after very well by Orbital in Ashford. That's not too far to travel if you want to play one off against another.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2373 on: 26 October 2014, 11:25 »
I don't know, I'm really undecided  :undecided:

Got the mk6 in sept, made it through the crappy weather ok.  It will be well protected whatever the season.  Didn't feel any less of a new car either.  Though I tend to change cars every 3 or 4 years, I'm not hung up on the new feeling, unlike some who chop their's in the second the 'new car smell' wears off.

Thanks very much a for the tip about Orbital, I'll definitely try them if EC turns up a blank.  I know a lot of the DTD mk7s have come through JCB Medway which would be very handy.  But it'll probably be the other end of the country knowing my luck. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2374 on: 26 October 2014, 21:45 »
I know a lot of the DTD mk7s have come through JCB Medway which would be very handy.  But it'll probably be the other end of the country knowing my luck. 

I got mine through JCB and during conversation on pick up the salesman certainly intimated that they would do the same deal direct without going through DTD as they then don't have to pay them the finders fee.

Or why not try carwow as that shows you the dealers near you and tells you which one is willing to offer you what. All anonymously.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2375 on: 26 October 2014, 21:47 »
I know a lot of the DTD mk7s have come through JCB Medway which would be very handy.  But it'll probably be the other end of the country knowing my luck. 

I got mine through JCB and during conversation on pick up the salesman certainly intimated that they would do the same deal direct without going through DTD as they then don't have to pay them the finders fee.

Or why not try carwow as that shows you the dealers near you and tells you which one is willing to offer you what. All anonymously.

...Interesting, thiis maybe the way to go.  Thanks p3  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2376 on: 28 October 2014, 15:32 »
Been down to the garage today to finally make our mind up about the passat alltrack. It I think has been the hardest decision car wise I've had to make. 1 I didn't want to loose so much money on the gti 2 I fancied dsg which this car doesn't have. So today we went down and tried a cc with dsg my wife drove it because I'd already used it when I'd had the car serviced. It was only 6 mths old and it was at a good price. She also drove the alltrack. She enjoyed both initially picking the cc we both let our heads rule our hearts and went for the alltrack. We are picking it up Saturday then I'm going away for a week so when I get back I shall post some pics and let you know how I got on  :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2377 on: 28 October 2014, 16:12 »
So even tho' you both liked the DSG, you went for the manual Alltrack?  :huh:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2378 on: 28 October 2014, 16:35 »
Yep both liked it but went for the manual. Head ruled the heart the alltrack I think will be easier to live with. The cc was a great car but it's lower ( bad back ) if we get another dog I think it would complain being put in the boot. Roof on the cc although not a real problem does hinder getting child into her seat. This car will be a keeper I think if we had gone for the cc although the boot is massive it isn't as useful as an estate. Like I said it has been a difficult decision but we are both happy we made the right one  :cool:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2379 on: 28 October 2014, 17:01 »
Was it not worth holding out for a 177 DSG Alltrack?