Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 374257 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2350 on: 24 October 2014, 21:14 »
Been down and chopped it in for a passat  :cry: but it is an alltrack

Very nice. A proper grown ups car.

140 or 177?
140 dubber wouldn't mind dsg but my pennies can't stretch that far and I'm afraid I have to grow up  :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2351 on: 24 October 2014, 21:19 »

Are you tempted by an Alltrack dubber, wouldn't it suit your needs?

I would have liked one when I bought my Sport 18 months ago, but they were too new, therefore too much money for me. Now, one would be too similar a car to my ordinary Passat to feel like I had made a change.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2352 on: 24 October 2014, 21:21 »
Been down and chopped it in for a passat  :cry: but it is an alltrack

A very nice choice  :smiley:  but you must be getting old   :tongue:

Are you going to treat us to a rare picture charlie?
I'm afraid I'm getting old booth just fed up with trying to get everything in the gti especially with a bad back. Would of gone for a normal passat but this is my compromise if you get my meaning and I shall just for you try and put a pic up. Be sad to see the gti go but needs must it hasn't even got 10000 miles on it yet  :sad:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2353 on: 24 October 2014, 21:29 »
A great compromise and easier on your back  :smiley:

I much prefer Passat estates/alltracks to normal passats.  I have, in the past, tried to persuade my partner to move to one but he's too lovingly wedded to his Vauxhall Astravans  :sick:  though they have now discontinued them so maybe there's hope  :wink:

« Last Edit: 24 October 2014, 21:31 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2354 on: 24 October 2014, 21:38 »

I much prefer Passat estates/alltracks to normal passats.  I have, in the past, tried to persuade my partner to move to one but he's too lovingly wedded to his Vauxhall Astravans  :sick:
they had an r in the show room booth what a piece of kit that is £35.995 it was. It had the nappa leather which was very comfortable and it's the first time I have been up close to one and one word special I thought.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2355 on: 24 October 2014, 21:46 »

I much prefer Passat estates/alltracks to normal passats.  I have, in the past, tried to persuade my partner to move to one but he's too lovingly wedded to his Vauxhall Astravans  :sick:
they had an r in the show room booth what a piece of kit that is £35.995 it was. It had the nappa leather which was very comfortable and it's the first time I have been up close to one and one word special I thought.

Glad you liked my next car  :wink: 

I have seen an R in the flesh and also think they are pretty special.  Wasn't at all keen on the nappa though, prefer the standard leather.  I'm not even gonna tell you how much my specced car comes too  :shocked: better be some hefty discount on offer.  I'll be waving the drivethedeal price in the dealers face and if they don't want to play (which is highly likely knowing my local dealership) then DTD it is.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2356 on: 24 October 2014, 22:02 »

Glad you liked my next car  :wink: 

I have seen an R in the flesh and also think they are pretty special.  Wasn't at all keen on the nappa though, prefer the standard leather.  I'm not even gonna tell you how much my specced car comes too  :shocked: better be some hefty discount on offer.  I'll be waving the drivethedeal price in the dealers face and if they don't want to play (which is highly likely knowing my local dealership) then DTD it is.
i can imagine booth  :whistle: but I'm sure you will battle them down. I like the way they come out with the offer for your car add £399 for gap and then another £399 to clean it and acceptance fee and before you know it whoooosh it's cost you another £1000 and when you tell them I don't want that or that and I'm not part xing for that the battle begins.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2357 on: 25 October 2014, 13:25 »
i can imagine booth  :whistle: but I'm sure you will battle them down. I like the way they come out with the offer for your car add £399 for gap and then another £399 to clean it and acceptance fee and before you know it whoooosh it's cost you another £1000 and when you tell them I don't want that or that and I'm not part xing for that the battle begins.

Haha, I know!  I am NOT looking forward to the whole haggling rigmarole.  Hope you got a decent part ex price for yours, especially with only 10k on the clock.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2358 on: 25 October 2014, 13:49 »
A friend of mine hired an Alltrack a couple weeks ago, in a nice grey colour. Really handsome car. More so than the new new Passatt.
He really enjoyed using it for a few days but said it wasn't as economical as he'd hoped, or obviously not as nimble as a Golf but otherwise had nothing but praise for it.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2359 on: 25 October 2014, 17:57 »
Well been down and done the deal hate to part x such a nice car but needs must  :cry:  I don't normally blather my financial business on internet but because I trust you all and your such nice people here goes £17000 for my car he started at £16000 plus I got a full tank of tractor juice as well 70 ltrs so all in all not a bad deal. Couple of other odds and sods thrown in so only got me gti for another week  :cry:  in passing conversation with him he did say not many people buy it's all lease deals and apparently vw are regretting leasing the r at such a cheap rate.