Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 374500 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2100 on: 24 January 2014, 21:37 »
I own my gti outright put done a big deposit borrowed of vw the remainder to get 2 years free servicing then six months later paid it off saving £sssss on interest we all do things our own way if there wasn't different ways to buy cars the motor trade would be in the brown and smelly  :tongue:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline LukeRhino

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2101 on: 24 January 2014, 22:12 »
I got mine on finance as an apprentice over 5 years. Since coming out of my time I have been paying more and more off. By the time it will be paid off it will be 25months. Guess it depends on patience! save and buy outright. Or other methods  :smiley:
Mk6 gti, REVO Stage 2, TBE, Filter, Wind Deflectors.

Offline squirrelGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #2102 on: 25 January 2014, 13:08 »
Well mine will be going up for sale very soon.  :cry:

But sticking with the VW trend and going for a 3dr DSG R. Had an R32 MKiV previously and miss the 4wd.

I'll be sticking around in the forum though. Great community!
Gone GTi | 3dr | Manual | Carbon Grey | Xenons | Monza 18's | RCD 510 |Rear Camera | Winter Pack.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #2103 on: 25 January 2014, 13:15 »
l. I'm old, tight and set in my ways.

You can't tell  :grin:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Jimmymature

« Reply #2104 on: 26 January 2014, 13:50 »
Just been to look at some cars with the in-laws, I have to say the A3 Sportback is a top quality car.

Jim

Offline tenrohle

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2105 on: 26 January 2014, 15:59 »
I've several friends who lease their cars and constantly whine about actually driving them because they don't want to use up their annual mileage allowance. This seems daft. I buy my cars outright generally.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #2106 on: 26 January 2014, 17:39 »
Just been to look at some cars with the in-laws, I have to say the A3 Sportback is a top quality car.

Jim

Been looking too and would agree but crikey it's expensive compared to its Leon/Octavia/Golf siblings....not sure if the badge justifies the additional cost.

The redesign of the Leon onto the new MQB platform has made a real improvement to the overall package of this car and it looks great value by comparison.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Jimmymature

« Reply #2107 on: 27 January 2014, 19:22 »

Jim

Been looking too and would agree but crikey it's expensive compared to its Leon/Octavia/Golf siblings....not sure if the badge justifies the additional cost.

The redesign of the Leon onto the new MQB platform has made a real improvement to the overall package of this car and it looks great value by comparison.

I'm in a hire car once a week and last week I had a Leon, I was very impressed with the interior quality. Better than the MK6 IMO but not a patch on the A3 I was in on Sunday.

Jim

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #2108 on: 27 January 2014, 20:42 »
Would you pay an additional £5-6k over the Leon though for the A3....that' a great 2 week holiday in the USA......

Offline tenrohle

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2109 on: 28 January 2014, 11:27 »
I really want a Transporter to customise and make my own. A 180, DSG, 4 Motion, twin Sliding doors, sunroof, tailgate model! Was about to order one when I stalled and bought the gti instead as I just didn't need something that big. Trying my hardest to insert a baby into the wife because I'll definitely need one then  :grin: :grin:

This one has always got me wet, its a member over at the T5 forum.