Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 374250 times)

Offline Spartacus

• GTI forum regular
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2080 on: 21 January 2014, 17:56 »
Ordered a new Renault captur today to replace the golf for the wife

My mate is buying the car and will collect it in a couple of weeks.

Now that has earned me some brownie points and her attention is diverted its time to go shopping for an elise or maybe even an exige...

I had a Renaut Captur from Avis for a week in Sweden earlier this year. Top of the range model with integrated nav etc. Kids called it the ' Pooh Car ' as it was metallic brown. It was s**t though.

Spend those brownie points quickly, it was a hateful thing, slow, spongy, terrible ergonomics, small boot, bits started falling off etc.
Mk6 GTi - returned to leasing company after 3 great years and replaced with :

Mk5 GTi - Edition 30 - Revo 1 and some tweaks - 310 bhp. Its a better car than the Mk6  - Now sold and replaced with :

Mk6 R - Rising Blue 5 Door. Won't be standard 270bhp for long

Family Car : Mercedes ML420 with 360 bhp
Looking at Porsche Macan as replacement

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #2081 on: 21 January 2014, 18:45 »
yeah probably hast got the hallowed VW build quality we all know and love. wait a minute is that the dying sound of another timing chain i can hear somewhere?

if it had a VW badge I've no doubt it would have been superb.

i can't find a bad press review on it, the wife (who's car it will be) likes it, the kids fit in it better, its cheaper to run, has a better finance deal, it looks good and drives well, is safe and is fully loaded. it also has one of the best sales packages on the market with the free serving and a warranty and roadside assist for 4 years.

for a family car there is no way a golf or tiguan is worth 10 grand more than it.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2083 on: 22 January 2014, 08:01 »
http://www.gateway2lease.com/z_volkswagen_golf_2.0tsir3dr-fullymaintained_15110_leasing.php#.Ut0pExDFK01

Anyone?  :shocked: Cracking deal

Or put it another way, £8525.71 to drive round in it for two years, limited to 20k miles, then have nothing to show for it other than possibly another bill to rectify a couple of stone chips and a nick on a wheel.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Rossc0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2084 on: 22 January 2014, 08:21 »
Doesn't work out too badly IMO. I'm paying more for my now four year old golf GTI.

Gives you an opportunity to change up every couple of years too, which generally I do at a small cost to myself

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2086 on: 22 January 2014, 08:38 »
Doesn't work out too badly IMO. I'm paying more for my now four year old golf GTI.

You may be paying more per month now, but surely the car will be all yours at the end of the term, or am I missing something?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Rossc0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2087 on: 22 January 2014, 15:46 »
after a large balloon payment, if i want, yeah.

I honestly don't care if i own a car or lease it though

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #2088 on: 22 January 2014, 20:15 »
http://www.gateway2lease.com/z_volkswagen_golf_2.0tsir3dr-fullymaintained_15110_leasing.php#.Ut0pExDFK01

Anyone?  :shocked: Cracking deal

Or put it another way, £8525.71 to drive round in it for two years, limited to 20k miles, then have nothing to show for it other than possibly another bill to rectify a couple of stone chips and a nick on a wheel.

If you bought it new with cash you would lose considerably more than that it depreciation, actually sensible way to own one for a couple of years if you want a new car.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2089 on: 23 January 2014, 08:08 »
You are probably right, but if you've bought the car, you don't have to sell it after 2 years, therefore won't realise any lose.

What I don't like about leasing or PCP's is at the end of the term you have to either pay a huge chunk of money to keep it, or have to start the ball rolling all over again and get dripped up on another new car that you otherwise might not have thought about doing.