Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 374425 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1850 on: 20 May 2013, 21:59 »
Thinking Candy white, Rising blue or Deep black in that order.

Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline denyason

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1851 on: 21 May 2013, 00:32 »
Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro 245bhp

My gti will be fully paid by september '13 and be 4 years old.
I'm looking definitely at upgrading to a secondhand Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro 245bhp, either white or black for around 30-34 grand mark.  Really great value with cars 20 grand from new and only 1,2 years old with low mileage.  "lots of bang for your buck" :rolleyes:.  And faster than the new GTI with better refinement, gadgets, bigger and better brand etc....
It s a 50 grand car for around 30 and for me thats a bargain.  TBH the gti is nice but "its a golf"(supped up 15 grand car).0-60 6.3 secs, 155 top speed.

My gti (mark 6) is now unfortunately unloved, bored.......rammed by an audi 2011, last October new turbo, January this year left door can't open (mum broke internal mechanism because it froze the door shut),  bald tyres on front with all alloys curbed to smithereens.

Ps enthusiasts..what could I realistically get for my Golf part ex with Audi(north east):  09 GTi, 5 door black metallic and monza's optional extras, 30,000 miles with left door issue and curbed to faeces alloys with 2 slick tyres up front. Webuyanycar gave me £12625 for an assumed perfect conditioned car.  Similar specced golfs on VW were selling at £15400.  What max value should I expect from Audi?

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1852 on: 21 May 2013, 07:33 »
For how you have described it I would be surprised if a dealer offers you any more than £12k trade in.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1853 on: 21 May 2013, 08:02 »
I wouldn't have thought your car was "worth" anymore than £10k by the sound of it. That would be your base price. Anything above that from Audi would be discount off the new car, which I dare say they have plenty of meat in.

The A7 may sound like a bargain given it's price now compared to it's list price new, but it's still got a hell of a lot of depreciating to go. If you treat it like you sound like you have treated your Golf, you'll struggle to get anything for it when you find out how much the car will cost to maintain as it gets older.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #1854 on: 21 May 2013, 08:39 »
Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro 245bhp

My gti will be fully paid by september '13 and be 4 years old.
I'm looking definitely at upgrading to a secondhand Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro 245bhp, either white or black for around 30-34 grand mark.  Really great value with cars 20 grand from new and only 1,2 years old with low mileage.  "lots of bang for your buck" :rolleyes:.  And faster than the new GTI with better refinement, gadgets, bigger and better brand etc....
It s a 50 grand car for around 30 and for me thats a bargain.  TBH the gti is nice but "its a golf"(supped up 15 grand car).0-60 6.3 secs, 155 top speed.

My gti (mark 6) is now unfortunately unloved, bored.......rammed by an audi 2011, last October new turbo, January this year left door can't open (mum broke internal mechanism because it froze the door shut),  bald tyres on front with all alloys curbed to smithereens.

Ps enthusiasts..what could I realistically get for my Golf part ex with Audi(north east):  09 GTi, 5 door black metallic and monza's optional extras, 30,000 miles with left door issue and curbed to faeces alloys with 2 slick tyres up front. Webuyanycar gave me £12625 for an assumed perfect conditioned car.  Similar specced golfs on VW were selling at £15400.  What max value should I expect from Audi?

Like this one? Great car! Gotta sit on the 20"s! Head up display, this is coming to the end of its contract soon so will be available:-

Offline denyason

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1855 on: 21 May 2013, 15:18 »
Ginge 35Edition
 :laugh: that looks nice- I'm after a white or black, definitely s-line, Quattro & 245bhp.
its appearance on Iron Man 3 also was a clincher even though that was a S7.

Checked VW used cars: selling a mark 5 gti at £13450 and a similar gti (mark 6) to mine at £15490.  the only issues of my car is curbed wheels, 2 slick tyres, left door internal mechanism off. 
Surely I can muster £13,000? especially as webuyanycar gave me £12625 and we all know they give low prices.

in response to the lack of care of my GTi, reason is that it is our company motor for our business with 3 drivers and primarily used as such: odd deliveries (fast food), buying stock etc.... The audi will be personal use of course.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #1856 on: 21 May 2013, 16:52 »
picked up my new car last night

200 with cup pack, recaros, speedline wheels and spoiler

100 mile drive home (mostly motorway) remided my how hardcore these are and how civilised the GTI is.

off the motorway and on the B-roads near home brought back my memories of how good my 197 was (and how much better the 200 is)

what a superb drivers car these are. hardwork on the motorway but glorious on the twisty stuff

were using my GTI as our family car now (what its built for really) and its great at that but as a driving tool and for fun this thing is in a different league.

i forgot what brake feel/power and steering feel was until i drove this.

ive bought this for track days and already got a few days booked. :evil:

my GTI will be in sainsburys car park very soon :tongue:

/\ I love this, well done mate  :wink:

Offline Poached

• I live here
« Reply #1857 on: 21 May 2013, 17:26 »
Ginge 35Edition
 :laugh: that looks nice- I'm after a white or black, definitely s-line, Quattro & 245bhp.
its appearance on Iron Man 3 also was a clincher even though that was a S7.

Checked VW used cars: selling a mark 5 gti at £13450 and a similar gti (mark 6) to mine at £15490.  the only issues of my car is curbed wheels, 2 slick tyres, left door internal mechanism off. 
Surely I can muster £13,000? especially as webuyanycar gave me £12625 and we all know they give low prices.

in response to the lack of care of my GTi, reason is that it is our company motor for our business with 3 drivers and primarily used as such: odd deliveries (fast food), buying stock etc.... The audi will be personal use of course.

We Steal Buy Any Car will always advertise an enticing web quote to get you interested.

As soon as they come to inspect the car expect a valuation drop on any defects or damage identified but this would be the case on any trade sale.

As for the A7 being faster, the MK6 GTI has more power per ton but the Audi benefits from AWD launch and that's it.

The MK7 being more powerful and lighter will improve on this further.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2013, 20:51 by Poached »

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1858 on: 21 May 2013, 19:49 »
Ah, but the GTI is "just a sooped up £15k Golf". The Aldi must be better in every way.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline cosmicremedy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1859 on: 21 May 2013, 20:17 »
Ah, but the GTI is "just a sooped up £15k Golf". The Aldi must be better in every way.

:laugh: