Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 374240 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1830 on: 07 May 2013, 20:32 »
never hear a bad word said about the swift, just don't take any modification advice from Mr GTD  :smiley:

Blue GT has the 140bhp TSI with cylinder deactivation and fairly rare, same engine in a mk7

:laugh:

Slowly getting back into forum after being away for a bit due to family reasons ect...

@Wigit- really smart GT Andy, loving the seats & extra colour.... :cool:

@ Hartside - Yes they are very fun to drive and so easy to chuck round the twisties, enjoy!! :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1831 on: 07 May 2013, 20:38 »
never hear a bad word said about the swift, just don't take any modification advice from Mr GTD  :smiley:

Blue GT has the 140bhp TSI with cylinder deactivation and fairly rare, same engine in a mk7

Slowly getting back into forum after being away for a bit due to family reasons ect...

@ Hartside - Yes they are very fun to drive and so easy to chuck round the twisties, enjoy!! :cool:

Good to have you back fella, the irony on the post was when I went back to the 35 after opting this there was a badly monied swift next to it lol

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1832 on: 07 May 2013, 20:50 »

Good to have you back fella, the irony on the post was when I went back to the 35 after opting this there was a badly monied swift next to it lol

:laugh: Cheers...

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1833 on: 11 May 2013, 20:46 »
missed the clio silverstone - phone buyer just after i test drove it.

today test drove a similar spec 200 (another white car i swore i wouldn't get another :rolleyes:), recaro's, speedlines, wing, cup pack

awsome track car

golf going back to near standard and wife getting a white shiny GTI runaround and im getting a new toy
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1834 on: 12 May 2013, 08:10 »
My mate just sold his Clio Cup 200, with the Recaro's yesterday as he is getting a company car, £9,500 with 15k miles which he had from new, sounded a bit cheap to me :huh:

Driven it a couple of times and its a cracking car, really good fun so can totally see why you would be aiming for this route.

Elise/Exige been considered?
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1835 on: 12 May 2013, 12:36 »
That is a cheap car depending on age.

i got a very good deal on mine - 61 reg so has warrant and the all important recaro seats.

Drove an Elise last night on track as it happens.

I was considering buying one so wanted to try one on track

Enjoyed drivig it - a really good car but I'm 6ft4 so would be horrendous driving to cadwell and back. At least the clio has an element of comfort/practicality as well as track ability

Also with the clio I can get the kids in the back If I really needed too as our SEAT will be sold after the winter then go down to just the golf (every day/wifes car) and the clio which is my toy.

I will be selling the WALK, BS kit, rear sway bar and panel filter if anyone is interested

I may also sell the bluefin if its worth selling - the wife isn't bothered about the extra power

I'm keeping the exhaust and suspension fitted for now though.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1836 on: 18 May 2013, 19:09 »
picked up my new car last night

200 with cup pack, recaros, speedline wheels and spoiler

100 mile drive home (mostly motorway) remided my how hardcore these are and how civilised the GTI is.

off the motorway and on the B-roads near home brought back my memories of how good my 197 was (and how much better the 200 is)

what a superb drivers car these are. hardwork on the motorway but glorious on the twisty stuff

were using my GTI as our family car now (what its built for really) and its great at that but as a driving tool and for fun this thing is in a different league.

i forgot what brake feel/power and steering feel was until i drove this.

ive bought this for track days and already got a few days booked. :evil:

my GTI will be in sainsburys car park very soon :tongue:

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1837 on: 19 May 2013, 10:37 »
Looks good and there is no denying the French are the kings of making great hot hatches :cool:

Personally I couldn't live with the cheap interior, but I appreciate that's not what you've bought it for.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1838 on: 19 May 2013, 13:17 »
Very nice.  Looks like it'll be loads of fun on the track.....enjoy  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1839 on: 19 May 2013, 13:54 »
notices pics of the M235i are starting to appear

1 series has never pushed the right buttons for me given the looks, however, this in 2M guise may tempt me