Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 374357 times)

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1750 on: 10 March 2013, 18:38 »
I think I’m going to trade in my Mk 6 GTI for an Mk 7 3dr Fontana red with panoramic sunroof, Dynaudio and not decided yet decided on the wheels. :undecided:

Better get in quick with your order as it sounds like there in high demand and doubt that's just Evo's(Lee's) dealers...

Dont you have to wait untill after 26th march?
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1751 on: 10 March 2013, 18:46 »
Car ordered...bottled it and went for Estoril Blue with black interior....indicating early/mid April for delivery :cool:

Dealer has indicated that my new BMW may be ready for collection on 28th March, the day before Good Friday.....quite excited as that's less than 3 weeks away  :shocked:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1752 on: 10 March 2013, 20:24 »
I think I’m going to trade in my Mk 6 GTI for an Mk 7 3dr Fontana red with panoramic sunroof, Dynaudio and not decided yet decided on the wheels. :undecided:

Better get in quick with your order as it sounds like there in high demand and doubt that's just Evo's(Lee's) dealers...

Dont you have to wait untill after 26th march?

This is true but Lee has already been taking orders for the GTI and is already into April/May allocation(can't remember what month he said) So I take it all dealers are able to do the same...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #1753 on: 10 March 2013, 20:29 »
What am I buying next?...

Yesterday I put down a deposit for a Mercedes A45 AMG.
The deposit is fully refundable - as there is no official price or spec yet.  It just gets me a build slot.

I'm not entirely convinced by the look of the new A-series, but I think it'll grow on me.  I'm more interested in the 360bhp and 0-60 in 4.6 seconds!

I test drove an A200 yesterday just to get an idea of shape / size.  The overall size of the car is pretty similar to the Golf.  I was a bit concerned when the salesman showed me the boot as it looked considerably smaller than the Golf.  However - when I took it home and tried all my stuff - I think it's a similar volume -  just a different shape.  My golf clubs and my trolley seem to fit in better than tin my Golf - although I have to remove my driver and 1 iron as opposed to just my driver.  Obviously my Golf R has a smaller boot than a GTI... so I hope the A45 doesn't end up with a smaller boot than the A200.

Looking forward to some official information though...
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline -Oli-

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1754 on: 10 March 2013, 20:43 »
An RS3, and hopefully this week!
Stage 2 GTI ED35........

www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
« Reply #1755 on: 10 March 2013, 21:07 »
An RS3, and hopefully this week!

Good man  :wink:

What colour and spec ?
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1756 on: 10 March 2013, 21:53 »
What am I buying next?...

Yesterday I put down a deposit for a Mercedes A45 AMG.
The deposit is fully refundable - as there is no official price or spec yet.  It just gets me a build slot.

I'm not entirely convinced by the look of the new A-series, but I think it'll grow on me.  I'm more interested in the 360bhp and 0-60 in 4.6 seconds!

I test drove an A200 yesterday just to get an idea of shape / size.  The overall size of the car is pretty similar to the Golf.  I was a bit concerned when the salesman showed me the boot as it looked considerably smaller than the Golf.  However - when I took it home and tried all my stuff - I think it's a similar volume -  just a different shape.  My golf clubs and my trolley seem to fit in better than tin my Golf - although I have to remove my driver and 1 iron as opposed to just my driver.  Obviously my Golf R has a smaller boot than a GTI... so I hope the A45 doesn't end up with a smaller boot than the A200.

Looking forward to some official information though...

My next door neighbour has just bought a 13 plate A200 and it really is not nice on the eye in my opinion it looks like a cheap jap hatchback from the rear looking like it is trying too hard. Sorry each to their own and all that.
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1757 on: 10 March 2013, 22:04 »
I need a cheap (relatively) extra car very quickly for a short period of time so new is out of the question as too much of a hit on depreciation which is similar to the GTI. Rang my dealers and I have bought a 5 year old (08) MK5 GT Sport 140 TDi DSG in Met Black, 40k miles full history, one owner with full leather in mint condition from my local dealer so has 1 years warranty and I pick it up tomorrow.
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #1758 on: 11 March 2013, 08:32 »

My next door neighbour has just bought a 13 plate A200 and it really is not nice on the eye in my opinion it looks like a cheap jap hatchback from the rear looking like it is trying too hard. Sorry each to their own and all that.

I kind of agree - I'm not entirely convince about the looks. The bonnet is too long (in typical Merc style) and the back looks like it was finished without a lot of thought. I've also never owned a car with more than 3 doors (in 17 years of driving), so the thought if having 5 freaks me out too!

I'm not buying it for the looks though! It's going to have supercar performance from a 2.0 engine!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1759 on: 11 March 2013, 11:50 »
Deposit paid on a mk7 GTI to secure a september collection! :tongue:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂