Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 374493 times)

Offline Spartacus

• GTI forum regular
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1720 on: 26 February 2013, 12:22 »
im off to this  :smiley:

Is you a dealer?

Or professional footballer ?

Sorry mate, thats a minger, up there with Balotelli's camouflaged Bentley. No class.
Mk6 GTi - returned to leasing company after 3 great years and replaced with :

Mk5 GTi - Edition 30 - Revo 1 and some tweaks - 310 bhp. Its a better car than the Mk6  - Now sold and replaced with :

Mk6 R - Rising Blue 5 Door. Won't be standard 270bhp for long

Family Car : Mercedes ML420 with 360 bhp
Looking at Porsche Macan as replacement

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #1721 on: 26 February 2013, 13:45 »
Good on you Potts - I'm not one for black wheels on a black car but the Disco looks good  :cool:
Mind you it'll be a b!tch to clean

The bike rack looks like a Thule one (albeit branded LR no doubt?!)  superb bit of kit - although it does way the Golf down a bit at the rear it's far better than any other option out there IMO.

Offline pottinger

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1722 on: 26 February 2013, 14:14 »

Is you a dealer?

Sorry mate, thats a minger, up there with Balotelli's camouflaged Bentley. No class.

WTF Spartacus, you must be very proud of yourself trying to piss on someones parade, still whatever floats your boat  :smiley:

I think  youre one of those idiots that wonders why people always take an instant dislike to you, well let me answer this for you, - it saves time !

now go away and play in your dads car  :smiley:

quote from your signature
ML420 with 360 bhp  :sick: for when I really want to hoon it or go Focus ST bashing. :rolleyes:
' My Dad drives a GTi '

pretty much says it all about you rearly......and you say no class about me !
  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
« Last Edit: 26 February 2013, 14:23 by pottinger »
2011 5dr GTI, carbon Grey, DSG, and looovin it !

Offline Spartacus

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1723 on: 26 February 2013, 17:39 »

Is you a dealer?

WTF Spartacus, you must be very proud of yourself trying to piss on someones parade, still whatever floats your boat  :smiley:

I think  youre one of those idiots that wonders why people always take an instant dislike to you, well let me answer this for you, - it saves time !

now go away and play in your dads car  :smiley:

quote from your signature
ML420 with 360 bhp  :sick: for when I really want to hoon it or go Focus ST bashing. :rolleyes:
' My Dad drives a GTi '

pretty much says it all about you rearly......and you say no class about me !
  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Love it

Forums are for people's opinions matey, get used to it.

Somebody has to shout ' The emperor has no clothes '

No need to get personal though, that's crossing the virtual line and will bet you barred
Mk6 GTi - returned to leasing company after 3 great years and replaced with :

Mk5 GTi - Edition 30 - Revo 1 and some tweaks - 310 bhp. Its a better car than the Mk6  - Now sold and replaced with :

Mk6 R - Rising Blue 5 Door. Won't be standard 270bhp for long

Family Car : Mercedes ML420 with 360 bhp
Looking at Porsche Macan as replacement

Offline pottinger

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1724 on: 26 February 2013, 18:14 »
Totally Agree Spartacus

BUT

being asked if I'm a dealer for you to follow up with footballer and the cars a minger etc etc is just as personnel as anything I've said  :rolleyes:

Opinions should be quite rightly expressed and forums are fantastic places to do this, I have no problems taking any criticism from people but when this crosses into just rudeness I'm sorry but you can jog on....

I've been a member on lots of forums in the past and I've loved my stay here whilst having the fantastic gti, and I rearly do hope in the future I buy another and come back to this great forum, my only wish will be you have become more constructive than rude with your posts, but alas I am probably piss..g in the wind with that hope.

Have a nice life and jog on Sparty  :wink:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1725 on: 26 February 2013, 22:42 »
Not a fan of landrovers myself, too unreliable and too many of my mates make a good living fixing them.
Even less of a fan of 4x4s running summer sports road tyres. (dont know if this one has or not just a bugbear of mine as it makes them pointless)
Each to there own though, if its what you want then that's all that counts
« Last Edit: 26 February 2013, 22:44 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline pottinger

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1726 on: 26 February 2013, 22:48 »
Not a fan of landrovers myself, too unreliable and too many of my mates make a good living fixing them.
Even less of a fan of 4x4s running summer sports road tyres. (dont know if this one has or not just a bugbear of mine as it makes them pointless)
Each to there own though, if its what you want then that's all that counts

Thats fair enough comment but I will only keep thru warranty period as will move on in 2 years so not too concerned on the reliability side .... The tyres are scorpions so off roadng is still this beasts bread and butter  :wink: they just look lower on Black wheels .... :smiley:

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #1727 on: 27 February 2013, 08:21 »
Pots, Any plans to take her Nevada Offroading style ala Sundays Top Gear?
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline pottinger

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1728 on: 27 February 2013, 08:25 »
Pots, Any plans to take her Nevada Offroading style ala Sundays Top Gear?

:grin:depends if the wife has navigated those speed humps on the school run and got back home in it !  :rolleyes: :wink:

but saying that, yep, going on the offroad course and intend to partake in a few offroad days, hence the disco as choice over most of the other cars I was looking at.... shame i couldnt convince myself the GTI
was a capable offroader  :wink: :grin:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
dubber36 new Passat
« Reply #1729 on: 28 February 2013, 17:08 »
I've just picked up a Passat DSG today. The stop start on that started working after about 3 miles from cold and very quickly after the car has come to a halt. I have discovered but by applying less pressure to the brake pedal, it will not activate.

However if I'm stationary for more than just a quick pause, I go into neutral and take my foot off the brake, as I'm sure the bloke behind doesn't want to stare at my brake lights, but doing this starts the engine again. The system contradicts considerate driving practices in my opinion.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.