Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 374492 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1490 on: 18 November 2012, 09:59 »
we were in SEAT getting car checked last week and they have a brand new exeo estate diesel with vat off. £20020 for whats basically an audi A6

thats a lot of car for the money.

Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1491 on: 18 November 2012, 17:18 »
I went to have a look at a VRS 170crd today as under £18k at the moment with Skoda deals, pitty black edition is a sell out as was a tempting daily hack to abuse

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1492 on: 18 November 2012, 19:00 »
we looked at the blackline one a few weeks ago

estate one was just over £18k iirc. thats a hell of alot of car for the money!

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1493 on: 19 November 2012, 07:58 »
we were in SEAT getting car checked last week and they have a brand new exeo estate diesel with vat off. £20020 for whats basically an audi A6

A6? I thought it was a 10 year old A4 with a CR engine. They are still exceptional value tho'.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1494 on: 19 November 2012, 09:46 »
A rep at work has one the MD has a new A4 they look more or less the same if anything I like the SEAT front and rear styling better.

This is a general statment not aimed at any reply previously.
So its based on the previous version A4 so what, just because its an older design recalibrated by SEAT imo does not make it bad who's to say newer is better. Newer to me as a design engineer in mechanical and electronics nowadays now meens cost cutting as accountants and pencil pushes now rule the world.
As an example of newer is not always better. When the mk3 golf came out the press raved about it (i have the original reviews still) yet we all now know how the mk2 was a better golf.
I've driven both the SEAT and A4 we have the SEAT version in the family too for me for what it is intended for.its. a match for the Audi in everything but badge snobbery. (why the MD won't have one)
« Last Edit: 19 November 2012, 09:50 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1495 on: 19 November 2012, 11:30 »

A6? I thought it was a 10 year old A4 with a CR engine. They are still exceptional value tho'.

sorry yes its the skoda superb we looked at which is based on an A6

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1496 on: 19 November 2012, 11:56 »
The Superb is an even car imo, especially if you need the space. It's massive.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1497 on: 19 November 2012, 12:54 »
Yeah the boot is huge and the rear leg room is rediculous. It's a really spacious car

The thing that put me off was the state version isn't included in the no vat deal just the saloon version is.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #1498 on: 20 November 2012, 20:38 »
Yeah the boot is huge and the rear leg room is rediculous. It's a really spacious car

The thing that put me off was the state version isn't included in the no vat deal just the saloon version is.

I think you'd get more than 20% off retail if you found the right dealer  :wink:

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1499 on: 25 November 2012, 21:25 »
I am getting another ED35 as VW are offering some great deals on new cars. I lease mine and I can get a new one for less than I am paying now. No brainer for me. :smug:
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox