Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 374486 times)

Jimmymature

Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1390 on: 29 October 2012, 11:42 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Zcn-9jjlA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's a rapid car, looked like that was an M3 GTS that he nailed too.

Jim

Indeed good video to illustrate the understeer point as you can hear the tyres screeching away on the bends - good driver I'd like to see him in that BMW  :wink:

Agreed, a very good driver. The likes of me would have under steered into most of the crash barriers....

Jim

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #1391 on: 29 October 2012, 12:01 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Zcn-9jjlA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's a rapid car, looked like that was an M3 GTS that he nailed too.

Jim

Indeed good video to illustrate the understeer point as you can hear the tyres screeching away on the bends - good driver I'd like to see him in that BMW  :wink:

Agreed, a very good driver. The likes of me would have under steered into most of the crash barriers....

Jim

Me too ;-)

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #1392 on: 29 October 2012, 13:33 »
A few pictures of my new car after its first weekend clean.

I'll try and add to it later with a bit more of a report on the car.

The last picture is of my car washing assistant Joshua, who has been dressed in blue boots and gloves to match the car  :grin:

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Will@carbon

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1393 on: 29 October 2012, 13:38 »
Very nice mr maw, looks like a nice car. I'd check your rear parking sensors you appare to have reversed over a small boy.

I don't believe in global warming, sorry.
How are speed bumps legal?
I dislike lorry drivers who block lanes in traffic.
All burglars must die slowly ASAP.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1394 on: 29 October 2012, 13:47 »
that blue looks absolutely stunning and good to see bmw give you proper sized brakes

Offline Will@carbon

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1395 on: 29 October 2012, 14:04 »
Four wheel drive is great I'm a fan. If your after a vag group car with some proper power then it's a must and they go great in all weathers but they still understear far earlier than a well set up rear wheel drive car. We all know this.

When I was ordering my m135i I was told they might be bringing out an xdrive 4x4 version. Now me being a fan of 4x4 I got very excited at the thought. But when I actually thought about it I thought it might spoil the car, taking away the fun when the back end of a well balanced chassis slowly drifts away and the satisfaction and reward of easily getting it back or holding it playfully at the point of balance then shooting out of the corner like a fricking hero.

If you sell drugs or like to race or have a lack of talent or need to go from a-b as fast as possible in the wet then 4wd is the only way. But if you want an involving pure driving experience then you need rear wheel drive and that's science ask Ferrari, they do science and other stuff.

I'm not really sure where front wheel drive comes into it, it works I suppose. I think it depends on your budget, it works fine on my van.
I don't believe in global warming, sorry.
How are speed bumps legal?
I dislike lorry drivers who block lanes in traffic.
All burglars must die slowly ASAP.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #1396 on: 29 October 2012, 14:13 »
A few pictures of my new car after its first weekend clean.

I'll try and add to it later with a bit more of a report on the car.

The last picture is of my car washing assistant Joshua, who has been dressed in blue boots and gloves to match the car  :grin:

That's a lovely looking motor mate - enjoy  :wink:

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1397 on: 29 October 2012, 15:47 »
Indeed that looks lovely, just about to sort new company car and I am meant to be getting a 3 series but I may see if I can twist the bosses arm and get a higher spec 1 series, need to drive both......
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1398 on: 29 October 2012, 15:50 »
Crackin lookin car mate! I really like the blue  :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #1399 on: 29 October 2012, 20:08 »
Four wheel drive is great I'm a fan. If your after a vag group car with some proper power then it's a must and they go great in all weathers but they still understear far earlier than a well set up rear wheel drive car. We all know this.

:huh: ummm... have you driven an Audi Quattro with Sports Differential? Are you saying all the reviews on this system are wrong?

Did you watch the youtube video of the BMW 1 series oversteering - in an instant - into the parked cars in the wet? :shocked:

I would not want to be driving a car that is so tail happy in poor weather. But, as they say, it's your funeral.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS