Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 374267 times)

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1160 on: 13 August 2012, 22:45 »
The plan is to get some development parts on it as soon as possible and head straight for 400+ bhp and a sub 12 second 1/4 mile run, but we'll see how it goes. :cool:

Looking forward to following the build  :smiley:
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Offline Spartacus

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1161 on: 15 August 2012, 11:43 »
Just had a call from the dealer..... mine now showing as delivery to them week commencing 10th September  :smiley:

mmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,thats a good picture and well chosen, the way it is parked, the way the wheels are angled out etc.

Problem is that is the only good angle and has helped to convince me to stay with the Golf.

A Golf Gti from the same angle is much better looking.

Most of the 1 series I have seen so far have been going past me at a rate of knots and its the angular ridge going all the way down the side and the less than pretty arse which has turned me off. Its just a mess.

Plus the horror stories concerning the OBD port / copying of keys and thefts of high end BMW's have not helped. I have had 4 cars stolen in the last 5 years and don't want to go there again.

So my GTi journey fom Mk1 to Mark 7 is going to continue, I am going to be around for a while longer, praising the virtues of the GTi.

Mk6 GTi - returned to leasing company after 3 great years and replaced with :

Mk5 GTi - Edition 30 - Revo 1 and some tweaks - 310 bhp. Its a better car than the Mk6  - Now sold and replaced with :

Mk6 R - Rising Blue 5 Door. Won't be standard 270bhp for long

Family Car : Mercedes ML420 with 360 bhp
Looking at Porsche Macan as replacement

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #1162 on: 15 August 2012, 16:39 »
Just had a call from the dealer..... mine now showing as delivery to them week commencing 10th September  :smiley:

mmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,thats a good picture and well chosen, the way it is parked, the way the wheels are angled out etc.

Problem is that is the only good angle and has helped to convince me to stay with the Golf.

A Golf Gti from the same angle is much better looking.

Most of the 1 series I have seen so far have been going past me at a rate of knots and its the angular ridge going all the way down the side and the less than pretty arse which has turned me off. Its just a mess.

Plus the horror stories concerning the OBD port / copying of keys and thefts of high end BMW's have not helped. I have had 4 cars stolen in the last 5 years and don't want to go there again.

So my GTi journey fom Mk1 to Mark 7 is going to continue, I am going to be around for a while longer, praising the virtues of the GTi.

Not for me either but ETTO.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #1163 on: 15 August 2012, 18:46 »
Sounds like we need another thread about what car you wont be buying next  :grin:

I'll do it after the weekend  :wink:

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #1164 on: 15 August 2012, 18:59 »
Well mine is 3 year old at the end of December - 29th to be precise!!

I've just re-taxed it for 12 months as I've decided I'm going to keep it until at least March next year and possibly until June.
(As an aside my wife's 10 year old civic just cost her £170 to tax compared to my £120   :shocked: :smiley:)

By then I will see what the MkVII looks like, compare to the A3 and make a decision on my next car.

I walked back to it parked up yesterday (and the day before) and just couldn't fault the look - made me smile  :cool: (But then it is nice and clean at the mo!)

« Last Edit: 15 August 2012, 19:01 by Buck »

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #1165 on: 15 August 2012, 20:43 »

I've just re-taxed it for 12 months as I've decided I'm going to keep it until at least March next year and possibly until June.
(As an aside my wife's 10 year old civic just cost her £170 to tax compared to my £120   :shocked: :smiley:)

By then I will see what the MkVII looks like, compare to the A3 and make a decision on my next car.

I walked back to it parked up yesterday (and the day before) and just couldn't fault the look - made me smile  :cool: (But then it is nice and clean at the mo!)

Mine costs £170 to tax  :angry:

Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #1166 on: 15 August 2012, 20:45 »
I really like the look of the 3dr m sport. But then again the Merc a45 looks lovely too.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #1167 on: 15 August 2012, 21:53 »

Mine costs £170 to tax  :angry:

R32's cost £402  :sick:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #1168 on: 15 August 2012, 22:17 »
My friend has just paid over £800 tax on an new car.

His view is that this is just a cost he has to pay for the cars he likes to buy.

Still a lot of money.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #1169 on: 15 August 2012, 22:44 »
My friend has just paid over £800 tax on an new car.

His view is that this is just a cost he has to pay for the cars he likes to buy.

Still a lot of money.

What car was it Buck?

Tiguan quicker than the Golf