Author Topic: Stereo memory  (Read 1233 times)

Offline jonesltd

• I live here
  • MK7 R
Stereo memory
« on: 13 September 2009, 16:26 »
Got a brill stereo but it dont remember my settings......what do I need to pull out something like red in the yellow??
If you cant find it......Grind it

Offline EuanGtTdi

• I live here
Re: Stereo memory
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2009, 22:11 »
yeh im havine the same problems mate  :sad: :angry:

Offline Ruji

• GTI forum regular
  • Mk3 Golf GTi 8v (96) Anniversary Edition
« Reply #2 on: 18 September 2009, 03:23 »
if i had a dime for everytime someone asked this query....i would be minted in the millions rite now..
the concept is simple...all VW's with standard ISO looms and same with Vauxhalls...and certain model Frenchies...all have backwards power supplies. so yea..all u need to do is switch they yellow (permanent) and red (switched) LIVE wires on the new radio power loom around...so red runs into yellow and vice versa. If you look further down onto the plugs on the car ISO plugs...u shud notice which wires they run in line with n how the thinkness of the switched live wire to permanent often varies too n the wire switching procedure becomes all so clear.

Also it mite be worth chopping the blue wire that runs in line on the headunit powerloom as it may run in line with sumthing that you dont want it too n cud cause problems.

Peace.
Why pay big bucks when you can do it yourself???
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/rujiboy/WheelRefurbishmentProcess1.jpg
sig pic too large, see forum guidelines - admin

Offline loki86

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2009, 05:53 »
if i had a dime for everytime someone asked this query....i would be minted in the millions rite now..
the concept is simple...all VW's with standard ISO looms and same with Vauxhalls...and certain model Frenchies...all have backwards power supplies. so yea..all u need to do is switch they yellow (permanent) and red (switched) LIVE wires on the new radio power loom around...so red runs into yellow and vice versa. If you look further down onto the plugs on the car ISO plugs...u shud notice which wires they run in line with n how the thinkness of the switched live wire to permanent often varies too n the wire switching procedure becomes all so clear.

Also it mite be worth chopping the blue wire that runs in line on the headunit powerloom as it may run in line with sumthing that you dont want it too n cud cause problems.

Peace.
+1
thats it all right

the same thing on my 76 gmc dually they switched things along the way

Offline jonesltd

• I live here
  • MK7 R
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2009, 13:08 »
Stupid question but when I try and switch it, the yellow wire has a bigger hole than the red and it wont fit into the red area and vice versa. This is needed for a pioneer f900bt stereo if that helps just incase mine is different ie: like a green wire or something like that??
« Last Edit: 20 September 2009, 13:55 by jonesltd »

Offline jonesltd

• I live here
  • MK7 R
« Reply #5 on: 20 September 2009, 14:34 »
Had to do it not from the stereo part but the black and brown block into the car! But sorted so far