Author Topic: My new non dub!  (Read 5981 times)

Offline Ninja

• I live here
  • 19 smiles per gallon
My new non dub!
« on: 31 December 2013, 18:38 »
Here's my new speed3.

Loving the torque!

Offline Ninja

• I live here
  • 19 smiles per gallon
Re: My new non dub!
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2014, 07:22 »
Mod 1 - Xcarlink installed.  :smiley:

Iphone connectivity now works. Was a whore to wire in to the centre console though. It didn't say that swearing and bleeding was part of the install process.

Offline damien010685

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2014, 01:05 »
You got rid of that Tidy S3 for this??  I know these are pretty quick but I just don't like the look of them a guy has 1 up here slammed with blacked out roof windows etc and just looks hideous...

Get back in a Dub or at least a german toy!!

Offline Ninja

• I live here
  • 19 smiles per gallon
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2014, 13:12 »
You got rid of that Tidy S3 for this??  I know these are pretty quick but I just don't like the look of them a guy has 1 up here slammed with blacked out roof windows etc and just looks hideous...

Get back in a Dub or at least a german toy!!

Yep, I got rid of the S3. Stunning looking car, but doubt I'll go dub again. The S3 was the worst decision I ever made financially. I spent more time under it than driving it. It cost me in excess of £4000 in repairs in the time I owned it. By far the most unreliable car, so I fixed it and got shut. Someone got a cracking deal but I dare say it'll go wrong again. I then got a MK5 which was a low mileage FSH example - absolute pile of crap. I then looked to buy a MK6 GTD and was shocked by the lack of service from VW, which I'll not go into again. There's a thread about my woes on here entitled "leaving VW" so feel free to have a read.

I always fancied one of these, and sure it's not as much of a stunner visually, and the interior is not Audi standard - but it's a) quick and b) reliable

I'm two months in and it works.

Two months in with the Audi I'd spend around £1200 in faults.

Honestly, can not fault this mazda and if it continues to impress i'll be getting a MK2 MPS next :-)

To each their own, and there'll always be a soft spot for dubs for me but can't justify the financial losses on them and awful customer aftercare.
« Last Edit: 20 January 2014, 13:18 by Ninja »

Offline Ninja

• I live here
  • 19 smiles per gallon
« Reply #4 on: 20 January 2014, 13:16 »
Also - it's more than pretty quick!

Offline damien010685

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 20 January 2014, 20:42 »
jesus I didn't realise you had so mnay problems with the s3 .... Well as long as u like it mate im just a german fan I guess!!! and hey ive raced one of these things I know there quick!

Offline Ninja

• I live here
  • 19 smiles per gallon
« Reply #6 on: 20 January 2014, 21:03 »
Yeah I had tonnes of issues pal. Nightmare car. Lovely to look at though, I miss the stance and the interior but that's it.

And yeah the MPS is super quick, but it's super, super thirsty! I'm a fan of DE cars too, but will be a long time before I go back German, and probably never VAG.

Staying on the forum though ;-)

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #7 on: 21 January 2014, 11:12 »
What went wrong with the S3 to rack up £4k in repairs?

Offline Ninja

• I live here
  • 19 smiles per gallon
« Reply #8 on: 21 January 2014, 19:50 »
What went wrong with the S3 to rack up £4k in repairs?

Rear Engine mount failure
Cambelt failure caused by engine mount (it caught it, but luckily didn't start the engine so no valve or piston damage)
Front engine mount replaced (age/tired)
TIP failure caused by engine mount (tore it in two)
ECU loom failure
Head gasket replaced
All cv boots split
Dipstick broke (haha, might as well add it in)
DV popped twice!!
PCV failure
Cone filter snapped (engine mount)

That's a taste, along with other stuff.

Offline Ninja

• I live here
  • 19 smiles per gallon
« Reply #9 on: 21 January 2014, 19:52 »
All that is fixed with receipts for the new owner - I just hope she's behaving for him as he got a cracking deal!