Author Topic: Mk2 Jetta G60  (Read 74675 times)

Offline Simeon

• I live here
Re: Mk2 Jetta G60
« Reply #240 on: 09 August 2013, 11:25 »
Failed the MOT :( emissions. The slightly rusty/knackered looking mid box in a previous pic is, er, knackered.. plus it was blowing in 3 places, ahem.. Soooo, hopefully sorting that lot will help me pass the emissions :)

First things first of course, sort out the grey plastic under the grill on the bonnet :tongue:

Fitted;

Pic of new polo 6n2 rear calipers. Have the whole hub assembly too, but not fitted yet as want to use up these discs. It's nice to have a handbrake again :)

Put the car up in the air for exhaust work;

New mid box;

Will get it all fitted tonight hopefully, re-mot is tomorrow at 4pm. Going to check timing, reset idle etc too, really need it to pass!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #241 on: 09 August 2013, 12:28 »
its looking good.. the tornado pink will be easily solved by using a detailer with a machine polisher that knows their stuff... watch out for burning through the paintwork on the edges panels as this is really easy to do on jettas  :wink:

Offline Simeon

• I live here
« Reply #242 on: 14 August 2013, 10:43 »
Yeah, I need to get someone to have a go at it to get it looking spot on. So much nicer to drive a clean car!

Well, it got a clean sheet :D Full ticket, no advisories. The exhaust was causing lots of probs. Much nicer to drive now actually as the reverberation seems to have reduced considerably. Think I'm going to get hold of some heat wrap though and wrap the decat and straight through pipe.

Got a few jobs still to do, bought a panel to hold gauges that I need to fit in the centre console and then I can wire in my VDO gauges.

Desperately need to sort out my radio reception. Bought a DAB headunit, but I can't get it to work. Think I may put the ariel behind the C-pillar plastics and run a wire down the length of the car to see if I can get some reception. Would like to delete the ariel on the wing too.

Anyway, lots to do, very little time :laugh: usual story. It's still running spot on and that's the main thing :)

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #243 on: 14 August 2013, 13:08 »
In regards of the DAB stereo,  have you not installed a separate specific DAB cable & aerial?

Offline Simeon

• I live here
« Reply #244 on: 14 August 2013, 13:18 »
Yeah, I used the one that came with it, but loath to put it in the windscreen as suggested in the instructions, so its tucked behind the dash. Obviously its not getting a strong enough signal there.

Offline Simeon

• I live here
« Reply #245 on: 04 February 2014, 12:08 »
Some changes afoot

Engine now sold. Not sure what to do with the car now, thinking of sticking an abf in it and flogging it, but also thinking about chucking in the 2litre G60 I've been building... can't help but think that would be more appropriate in a Corrado or something though. Can't afford a Corrado until I've sold the Jetta of course... hmmm.

Offline Simeon

• I live here
« Reply #246 on: 04 February 2014, 12:10 »
Oh, that blue Jetta next to it is for sale now too if anyone wants a project. 'Bay is smoothed, just needs filler and paint and an engine.

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #247 on: 04 February 2014, 15:29 »
I can't believe you sold the engine after all that work!! I think the 2.0 G60 is fitting for the Jetta

Offline Simeon

• I live here
« Reply #248 on: 04 February 2014, 16:28 »
Yeah I know, but it was all starting to look a little tired under the bonnet and it was annoying me so decided to just shift it along. Chap who bought it is building a G60 turbo, so I kept all the charger bits which is good.

Got my mates ABF to fix up now so not going to do anything with this for the time being.

Offline Simeon

• I live here
« Reply #249 on: 25 March 2014, 11:50 »
Not really an update as not got round to doing anything much with this yet, but decided to keep it and put the 2.0l engine in :) Currently ironing out a few of the issues I had with the build and hope to have it built up ready to drop in around easter.

Sold my charger and bought another to rebuild, so will get on with that too.

Not gonna detail everything like last time as I now know it doesn't last and I'd rather be driving it than opening the bonnet to look at it  :tongue: