Author Topic: Ashmond - 'mk4 1.4 bottom of range to 1.8t Dub'  (Read 58599 times)

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
Re: Ashmond - mk4 1.4 to 1.8T swap
« Reply #20 on: 17 February 2008, 20:47 »
Gave the beast a clean today and got a few motion shots, what you think guys?

And the one where I look like a thingy!  :grin:

Its definatly on its way to being done!!
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #21 on: 17 February 2008, 21:10 »
that is the nicest looking mk4 i have seen, top job fella :afro:

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 17 February 2008, 21:36 »
Thanks mate, considering its was a base model and came with hub caps as standard I dont think its going too badly!

Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 22 February 2008, 15:11 »
Bora Sport Clocks on the way!  :cool:

The ones below are not actually mine, will change pics when i get snaps of mine in

Standard Gti Clocks:

Bora Sport Ones, go with my silver interior:

At Night:

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 22 February 2008, 16:47 »
Also just bought 5 litres of black dye, going to do the headliner Anni style!  :cool:

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 25 February 2008, 12:55 »
Below are the copies of my print out from the rollers at TDI - they are not actually rollers its a machine that goes straight onto your hub so it elimated all the variations that rollers do.

(PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE WHEEL FIGURES NOT PUB FIGURES (FLYWHEEL! )

FLYWHEEL FIGURES ARE ALWAYS HIGHER BY 15-20%)

Need a boost controller and another map to keep the boost/torque lines climbing and staying a bit higher, apparently the generic map hasnt done my torque much favours though. Stage 2 map to come when money allows!

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 15 March 2008, 19:15 »
Did a few bits on the mk4 today whilst the weather permitted.

I now have black anni style headlining that looks so OEM I was even impressed! Got a S3 steering wheel for £10 off a mate (leather) just need the airbag, my mate who owns a scrapyard said I could have one for £50 so thats £60 for a new steering wheel much better than the standard 1.4 one!

Other little touches included leather handbrake gaiter, gearknob and leather gaiter (I know, I know the "sequential" stick shift has now gone!  :cry:  :grin: )

Pics to follow once I bluetooth to my mate who can email them to me!

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 16 March 2008, 16:17 »
Taking out lights and grab handles:

All plastics on the floor ready to be sprayed matt black:

Headliner hanging down:

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 26 March 2008, 09:08 »
Random, I have just found my car on youtube!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lzfjDVYF_Cc

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 16 April 2008, 00:16 »
Right havent had a proper update in ages because havent been able to get pictures off my phone so here is one mega update for you all!  :cool:

Firstly, I got all my sounds sorted out, components in the front, mids in the rear, 6x9's on the shelf, 2 amps and power cap:

Then we had to install my new storks due to me getting the anni clocks with the trip comp (due to my car being a 'e' I had no trip comp) so we went about rewiring everything back in

Everything back in and looking tidier:

Then the next problem to sort out was the immobiliser icon flashing up on the dash, my ecu has had the immobiliser defeated but the new clocks werent coded to the key and I couldnt get it coded because they key wasnt a genuine vw so we took the clocks out

took them apart:

plugged the led (to block it shining through and showing up the key icon whilst the car was on). Put them back in the car. As you can see the icon doesnt show up now, all i get is a single beep that says immobilser activated which goes in 2 seconds (I can live with that until I get a genuine key!)

Next up was the engine bay! My first forge split-R valve was faulty, so i rang forge, sent it back and they replaced it with this sexy black one:

Then we drilled the holes and put in the strut brace. I used a electric sander to get all the crap off my inlet manifold and lightly did the rocker, going to be polishing it up this week at my mates house. I found a spare vw fingers sticker so I quickly whacked it on my battery cover and put that in the bay, here's how it looks at the moment:

looks a bit better me thinks!

So after a clean this is how the car looked:

I then got offered a set of RS6's for £50, but they were in need of a refurb, due to my current front tyres being bald, I put the two with good tyres on the front temporarily (I called these my drift tyres  :grin: ) These looked the nuts so I quickly snapped them up off a mate who had an accident in his mk4 and is putting the 1.8t into his mk2

A few days later the car was sent to my pal who mopped and buffered the whole car, got rid of alot of swirl marks and really bough the paint up the nuts:

I put the old tryes back on the front and put the rs6's in for refurb last wednesday with a view to pick them up on saturday to change them over for the show (gti spring festival). Saturday just gone I went to pick up the wheels and set about finally slamming the car and getting some stance and of course changing the wheels over!

Whilst doing the wheels I noticed I had r32 style 'R' centre caps in blue and thought it would be a nice touch to paint the calipers the same blue to match the centre caps and whilst the wheels were off and we were doing the suspension it made sense really:

opinons?

This pic shows how low we actually went with my mk4, personally I think it looks the nuts!

I also got my little in progress coloum in this months (may issue) of golf + magazine, once the golf is done then il be getting a full feature hopefully!

Pics from when I parked on the grass at Gti Spring Festival - the splitter only needed to be sharp to actually be cutting the grass  :grin:

Parked up on the outskirts of the show and shine area:

General snaps of the motor in the last few days - opinons please?

There you go, sorry I couldnt update as I was going along but couldnt get pics off phone, comments welcome!

« Last Edit: 16 April 2008, 00:44 by Ashmond »