Author Topic: Car Net (We Connect) POI's  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Car Net (We Connect) POI's
« on: 25 March 2021, 16:11 »
I know a lot on here don't like or use VW's Car-Net, but I'm convinced when I got the GTI 3 years ago, when I logged into the car-net portal (now called We-Connect), along with the Vehicle Health Reports, News, Navigation and servicing, there used to be a POI service that enabled you to send a database of POI's (for example Speed Camera database) across to the car.

I can't see that now and no mention of POI's at all (just new destinations in the Navigation). Have VW silently deleted this feature or did I just dream it ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Car Net (We Connect) POI's
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2021, 17:12 »
Yup looks like in the migration from CarNet to WeConnect thats history.

If you want speed camera data you'll have to use something else - an app via AA/ACP I suggest...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2021, 08:57 »
Yup looks like in the migration from CarNet to WeConnect thats history.

If you want speed camera data you'll have to use something else - an app via AA/ACP I suggest...
or have a look on eBay for people doing speedcam files 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2021, 09:55 »
I used a free file via my SD card for static cameras marked as POI's which works.... the only slight issue is that you can't configure the sound they make, so no real warning alarm just the same bong as all of the other POI's.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2021, 11:31 »
But that's the problem, VW have removed the SD cards on all of their 2021 models, and it seems like they don't want you adding POI's via the USB sockets as there just isn't that capability apparently on the heads units, so I thought We Connect would be the answer but it looks as though they have done away with it on there too ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 26 March 2021, 11:51 »
Not knowing about the Mk8 setup how does it handle the update to the built in nav maps?  I guess it's all OVA?

I know I said SD card but I could have equally used one of the main USB sockets for the file but obviously the Mk7 system allows this.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2021, 11:53 »
Not knowing about the Mk8 setup how does it handle the update to the built in nav maps?  I guess it's all OVA?

OTA if its a "small" map package you have installed (eg just UK) but otherwise you still have to install it via a download and upload it from a USB stick.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC