Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2808503 times)

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4870 on: 03 July 2016, 22:08 »
Not been on in a while and done a few bits and bobs done.

Revo stage 1

Revo Badge to match the stage 1

Reno intake

Blue LED interior lights

Also replaced the light in the boot to a white LED and the cornering lights to 5k halogen bulbs to match the Xenons

Unrelated to what I have done, but enjoy a few edited pics :D

2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #4871 on: 03 July 2016, 23:03 »
Remlapeel - which bulb did you use in the boot light? Can you post up a link please!

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #4872 on: 03 July 2016, 23:23 »
Remlapeel - which bulb did you use in the boot light? Can you post up a link please!

Only took 30 seconds

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282037668082
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #4873 on: 04 July 2016, 09:10 »

Only took 30 seconds

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282037668082

Thanks

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #4874 on: 04 July 2016, 11:36 »
Collected the rent a caR Estate on Friday, so thats all the variants covered for the time being

Some initial thoughts, it does drive slightly differently and maybe not quite as sharp own turn in but still spirited

I think the exhaust sounds better for some reason especially the blips

Cadiz wheels are growing on me

Carnet is great but wish apple would allow Tom Tom, that said Apple maps is rather good

Soundaktor has three settings to choose from

The estate bumper has some subtle styling differences in terms of defectors and diffuser, also there is no gloss black bit around high level break light on the hatch

The sensors have a new range sweep which is useful given the mk7 turning circle

Already taken a sofa to the tip

Some neat touches in the rear in terms of ease of putting seats down and storage

It is non DCC and the stock dampers are fine

I was harsh on these and eat my words, whether I think its worth £34K is another thing

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4875 on: 04 July 2016, 13:08 »
Interesting initial impressions Mr W.
Keep the observations coming!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4876 on: 04 July 2016, 16:54 »

I could be wrong but if you've changed the footwell light I think the old light unit is a straight replacement for the boot.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4877 on: 04 July 2016, 18:02 »
After having the sill protectors for a few weeks I thought I better fit them.
It was to my wifes car as she'd managed to scrape the sill in her first week  :rolleyes:
I found the curved parts easy to mount but found the flat pieces really hard to get straight and position far enough from the edge and in enough from the curve of the sill.

I ended up blu-tacking the pieces where I thought they should be and then ran masking tape around it so it gave me an edge. It made it a lot easier.  Just in case anyone is going to to this any time soon

I also ordered another 2 foot rests. 1 for the GTI and one for my daughters TT (think its the same as the Golf)

The parcel arrived in good order but one of the footrests is clearly damaged. Interestingly the missing piece wasn't in the packaging so it must have been sent like that.
I started a dispute and have had no contact from the seller.  The seller only gets 5 days to respond and if not the case gets awarded to the buyer. He has 20 hours left.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4878 on: 04 July 2016, 18:33 »
Not been on for a while so here's what I've been up to recently...

Windscreen was replaced on Friday morning by autoglass. I was keeping an eye on him most of the time, but a very good job done. New windscreen is spot on. Agree with the comment about the mystery window cleaner they use. It's now so clean on the inside, I can see a reflection of the part of the dash that goes over the top of the dials. It's a Pilkington screen that's on it now as noted by the stamp in the bottom corner.

Other than that just been busy driving the car in the usual day to day routine.... definitely getting a bit too used to the power (yes I know it's only a GTD with 184bhp). However there are still some times when it still does feel fast. Also I have to chuckle that sometimes when I put my foot down, my 2 year old daughter says "Wheeee" so clearly shes going to be a bit of a speed merchant when she grows up :laugh:

Also trying to work on getting my fuel economy a bit better lately. Managed an indicated (by the car) average of 50.0 mpg on my last tank over 475 miles - fuelly calculated this to be 48.64mpg.

Hopefully going to give it a long overdue full clean at the end of this week if the weather is ok.
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4879 on: 04 July 2016, 20:40 »
After having the sill protectors for a few weeks I thought I better fit them.
It was to my wifes car as she'd managed to scrape the sill in her first week  :rolleyes:
I found the curved parts easy to mount but found the flat pieces really hard to get straight and position far enough from the edge and in enough from the curve of the sill.

I ended up blu-tacking the pieces where I thought they should be and then ran masking tape around it so it gave me an edge. It made it a lot easier.  Just in case anyone is going to to this any time soon

I also ordered another 2 foot rests. 1 for the GTI and one for my daughters TT (think its the same as the Golf)

The parcel arrived in good order but one of the footrests is clearly damaged. Interestingly the missing piece wasn't in the packaging so it must have been sent like that.
I started a dispute and have had no contact from the seller.  The seller only gets 5 days to respond and if not the case gets awarded to the buyer. He has 20 hours left.

My footrest was like that too when it arrived, although it wasn't completely broken off, so I still had the "missing" piece. I tried gluing it back on but no good, the joint was too small to take hold. However once it's fitted you really don't see any difference, that part of it is obscured by the floor mat. I never bothered chasing up the seller.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.