Author Topic: CONFUSED!! 1.8t AGU  (Read 32929 times)

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
Re: CONFUSED!! 1.8t AGU
« Reply #30 on: 20 September 2013, 14:02 »
So got loads of parts laid around and no time in fitting them. Anyway decided to shift my @$$ and get moving. Started by fitting the bora flush vents. As i fitted them before to my mates gttdi it was easier. Instead of making a loom i extended the wires for the illumination and spliced them into the blue/white and brown wire (same colour as the vents)

Drivers done

Next was the centre i dont have a pic of it fitted as its not pushed in and another reason is because i have climatronic i cant seem to find a gap anywere to feed the wire in for the passengers vent so i have left it out.

Also i  stripped most well all of the bottom part of the dash as i am fitting in a double din

As you can see i aint bothered fitting it back as im waiting for my mic to arrive for the double din. And also i tried to fit the r32 brush steel inserts around the cage but as i have never taken them off i ended up damaging the tiny clips that hold them into place so whats happening jow is that they are bent so as i have realy good friends, one of them gave me the cage.
« Last Edit: 20 September 2013, 14:06 by sharki786 »
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #31 on: 20 September 2013, 14:10 »
Well got some netpotic handles. As i have the r32 brush steel centre bits i decided to rub 1 down and see how it looks as the previous owner has done the drivers and 1 other handle.

Half way done

Finished product (took an hour to do and had grey hands at the end of it all lol)

Car just needs a good vac and a good old wash.
Moore to come

Comments welcome
« Last Edit: 26 September 2013, 12:41 by sharki786 »
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #32 on: 20 September 2013, 15:15 »
You're doing a lot of work on things that aren't necessary to a car you bought for the engine.  :grin:
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #33 on: 20 September 2013, 15:21 »
You're doing a lot of work on things that aren't necessary to a car you bought for the engine.  :grin:

Lols. Was a change in plans. Mistake i know but cars a keeper and will go for a vic check then on the road. The mk3 anni is going into storage and then restored
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #35 on: 26 December 2013, 13:23 »
so bit of an update.
was thinking about some projector depo lights and dom decided to sell his and i snapped them up.
still sat in the spare room lol

got the new south performance off set pod but not so happy about it as i thought you remove the old top steering column and replace with this but you use some double sided sticky tape and bang it on

also a 6 speed anni gear knob in minto condition

wanted some smoked hella magic colours rear lights, saw a set on ebay and missed it by a second :cry:
but looked around and found a good condition set for £80 posted
they was sat in the spare room again. and the wife started moaning saying you got all these spares parts and bloody boxes and you aint fitted jack sh1t. so get up off your a$$ and start fitting them or i will dump them outside. so went out last weekend in the bloody cold and started to fit them. the drivers side was a right cnut

before:

after:

then i decided to fit the leater arm rest as my mk4 didnt come with one but wasnt very successful as it didnt come with the clips and the shoulder bolt (speaking with mad4vws atm to see if he has some)
sorry no pic yet

also got a 4mo rear valance but no pic.

got some net optic handles, smooth them down and then ordered some 4D carbon wrap.

also my r32 brush steel surround:

vr6 maf:

more to come when i can be arsed to get out of the house lol
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 27 December 2013, 01:38 »
Looking good!  Done a good job cleaning those parts up!

Dont be putting that MAF on without injectors and the turbo to go with it, or itll underfuel.

Stick it on when getting custom mapped.

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #37 on: 27 December 2013, 03:12 »
Looking good!  Done a good job cleaning those parts up!

Dont be putting that MAF on without injectors and the turbo to go with it, or itll underfuel.

Stick it on when getting custom mapped.

Thanks bud
I was told by wazzer before about fitting the vr maf on. Il fit it when it has been mapped. Dont want anything going bang
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #38 on: 12 February 2014, 22:18 »
As some know i had brush steel centre consle bits just needed to fit the ashtray in so i took the front console out and i ended up doing this

looked hard to do but as the misses hair dryer got the wrap soft it just melted into the curves (very naaace)

so was out in the cold yesterday for 3 hrs tried to change the tip with some silicone hoses but got down to the nut and was getting dark so i thought i will leave it. so thought i will fit the boost gauge so got inside the car and i needed a coat hanger to feed the hose into the car so i dropped that. thought i will fit the leather arm rest, looked down and im missing the bloody shoulder bolt, so shut my garage and came home. I fnished work today and straight to the garage and got on with it. I decided to sort the turbo inlet pipe, got to the allen key bolt and was very hard, eventually i got the bolt off without jacking the car up. i had to give the oem tip a good rocking as it wouldnt come off, it then poped off. tried fitting the forge tip but it kept getting stuck so pulled the water pipe that goes to the heater matrix fiddling for ages and then i heard pop it was on :grin:

blower is good, no side to side or in and out movement

side to side with the forge

random engine shots after fitting the sillicone hoses

close up of the dv, it has the yellow spring in it but i have ordered a green one from forge so will be fitting that in tomorrow (hopefully)

air box back on but i have ordered a reducer for the s2k filter so when that arrives i will be fitting that in too

my hella magic colours

after fitting the forge tip i decided to have a look and see if there was any difference well there is, Now i can hear the dv better than before. Also when i launched off it wheel spun very easily.

thats all folks for now.

p.s my reverse lights are not working, anyone know which fuse it could be?
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #39 on: 12 February 2014, 23:06 »
That centre console looks interesting :afro:

What did you wrap it with? You fitted it yet?