Author Topic: big stevie - Black 1.8T AUM  (Read 11613 times)

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
  • "what doesnt kill me makes me stronger"
Re: big stevie - Black 1.8T AUM
« Reply #10 on: 17 February 2012, 11:52 »
painted in situ matey brush on paint from ebay used them about 3 times now very good paint lasts well and easy to do as spray on can be hard masking up, dries with no brush marks aswell.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

here you go a few colours available.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lime-Green-Gloss-Brake-Caliper-Paint-Heat-Resistant-125-/370441052747?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item564001e24b
black 5 door 18t aum engine with 19" lm reps and homemade induction, awesome forge 007p,pressed plates, pillar mounted boost and voltage gauge.

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 18 February 2012, 17:18 »
update on my golf felt really well yesterday so decided to finish off my pillar pod and my mirror covers came aswell so fitted those.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

heres  the mirror covers fitted not everyones taste but sorted out a few problems ie was badly scratched and bottom of mirror was cracked and cover now holds it together so saved me a few quid.

and heres my pillar gauge all fitted photo's dont do it justice as gauges look really bright hard to take pic but thay do look same blue as dash nice gauges for £60 though im well impressed with how its turned out, but  as said pics dont do it justice at night sadly.

had some stickers delivered that need putting on but raining so have to wait for them to go on, and have some 5mm spacers also to go on that ive had for a while so when weather is better i will put them on.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
black 5 door 18t aum engine with 19" lm reps and homemade induction, awesome forge 007p,pressed plates, pillar mounted boost and voltage gauge.

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 06 March 2012, 18:43 »
well wasnt feeling to bad this afternoon had a visit to vw to order my engine cover clips and i bit the bullit and ordered a sharan badge and wished i didnt, as when i got home i removed the orginal badge ready for my nice new sharan badge but when i pulled badge off it pulled the paint off as someone had masked round badge grrrrrrrrrrrrrr so now i have paint peel even if i put badge back it wont cover paint flake, not a happy bunny might have to practice my painting skills and paint tailgate now i was going to smooth badge recess so sharan badge would be redundant why dont nothing go right for me, well after that happened i was feeling rather pissed off but decided not to waste my good health and painted my primered engine covers. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

modified engine cover with corner cut out for forge valve

standard engine cover

inlet manifold cover

the mess when i finished should be more tidy

and my fave little spraygun that only cost me £10 which i love painting with.

not sure what will be next on the agenda now but really pissed off with tailgate so probably be trying to sort that out to be honest grrrrrrrr

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 07 March 2012, 21:17 »
well went and picked up my engine cover clips and my sharan badge today so once ive finished my covers at least i can put them on now, sharan badge is so much smaller than standard badge and if anyone wants to know going rate of a sharan badge at the moment from stealers in essex is £17.77 with vat included comes out at £21.32, got the wife to paint the lettering on cover for me as ive not got a very steady hand, shes used smooth finish hammerite and its come out quite good stands out well on the green just needs another coat as a bit wishy washy.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 10 March 2012, 20:45 »
fitted my 5mm spacers today had them sitting around for ages just waiting for my mate to give me a hand as im still a bit weak at the moment, all fitted brought the rear out just level with the arch and front is sticking out just a little but cured my slight rubbing problem which im well happy with, car looks really good from the rear now looks so wide and not even lowered.

i then trial fitted the engine covers but not quite finished yet as i want to finish polishing my inlet manifold before i put them on, very impressed with how thay look fitted engine bay looks so neat now and has smartened it up a treat, even had a guy pull up in a standard red golf and have a butchers and said i wish mine looked like yours, im off to mums for dinner so wont be working on golf tomorrow hopefully resume work on tuesday and post pics up when done, forgot to take pics of before and after with the spacers.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 20 March 2012, 19:16 »
well what seems like months ive now fitted the covers to my golf all with nice new badges and clips and done some more polishing to inlet manifold still not perfect but conisidering it was done in situ it aint bad, when i get a spare inlet it will be done properly but for now does just the job and im happy with it just wish i could have done it quicker still got there in the end. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

before

and after

next job paint tailgate, smooth bonnet badge over, paint lower bumper trims and grills, refurb audi winter wheels and paint green,sort out rear washer have water leaking near exhaust strange split pipe poss,fit sharan badge.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Liftedd

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 24 March 2012, 13:02 »
nice work on the paint man, not the sort of colour id go for but all to the there own or whatever it is aha finish looks good man!

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 27 March 2012, 11:06 »
wanted something lairy with black and the green means something to me hence why i painted it, its an old vw colour and is called cliff green i just picked it out of a chart of greens and hey ho its a vw colour result, going to paint throttle body green, rad cap and maybe battery cover but in gloss black not green as will be to much i think.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: