Author Topic: Hello there - Newbie with Questions  (Read 8984 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Hello there - Newbie with Questions
« Reply #20 on: 01 November 2011, 15:40 »
Got to be careful removing the DPF's on later cars as there are plans to bring in new MOT regs which means any car built after 2008 MUST have the DPF firmly in place......

I'd hang fire until everything is clarified though :afro:

FYI, Doc runs a GTD which has had the sh!t kicked out of it since he's owned it and its still going strong  :evil:

It's an awesome thing to drive too  :wink:

Offline Redscouse

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 01 November 2011, 16:18 »
Andy and Rhyso, thanks for both your thoughts and comments  :smiley:

Ive contacted Lee and hes going to do some digging for me with the preferences i want. I saw a very nice Candy white one at VW Derby which is 40 miles from me, but that has now dissapeared off Autotrader. Although ive found another nice one since.

Thanks for the thoughts on DPF removal, i will leave that but will definitely be getting a REVO stage 1 remap and i may drop the ride height slightly. If the car comes with not that many options i will more than likely make a Projects thread as i have alot in mind to crack on with, and im definitely not new to modding / adding aftermarket gear :)

Will keep you updated as to what myself or Lee finds. Thanks once again!

Paul
Currently looking for the perfect GTD

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #22 on: 01 November 2011, 16:24 »
Speak to Doc reference a remap and try his out  :wink:

Offline Redscouse

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 01 November 2011, 16:51 »
Will do, if hes kind to me and does me a good deal  :laugh:  :drool: lol

Paul
Currently looking for the perfect GTD

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 08 February 2012, 21:31 »
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, very helpful. Firstly Keith i see you live in S-O-T, just down the road from me then as i live in Market Drayton, Shropshire  :smiley:

I want the GTD as a 3 door and thats just my personal preference, dont think i will regret this choice. I already have a good idea of what modifications i would like to do and im no stranger to modifying (dont worry nothing chavy) as my Audi TT TDi which i owned for 2.5 years became known at alot of car shows for the way it looked.

Personally i would love a 3 door White GTD, maybe with the 18's on, Bi-Xenon headlights and im not sure which other options yet. Would love the RNS as i have similar systems in both my TT's but i can always retro fit one cheaper if needs be.

Cant really order one new as the lead times are a bit too high and i would preferably want a GTD in the next few months, so currently looking at what is out there, and i think in the next week or 2 ill be down to VW to see if they have any highly spec'ed demo's i can prize from them  :grin:

This is my current car - Audi TT-RS 2.5 in Ibis White, REVO remapped to around 410bhp, 20' RS4 style chrome faced alloys, plus ALOT of other toys. Got this from Stoke Audi in March 2011 - As ive said my circumstances have changed, this car is a mortgage on its own and unfortunately i need to sell it.

Nice video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1XsGSAIyQ

Thanks

Paul

Awesome motor mate, did you manage to sell it...and have you found the GTD your after??
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather