Author Topic: Short shift mod Audi S3/TTS  (Read 23128 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: Short shift mod Audi S3/TTS
« Reply #10 on: 23 February 2012, 18:05 »
put the gearstick in between 2nd and neutral and lock in place with a 5.5mm drill bit and to lock the gearbox push down slightly on the shift arm and push the little locking rod (an L shaped type thing) into the gearbox

this locks the transmit ion in service position.

then pull back and twist the locking cable ends a few times to re set the cables and then take out of service position and it should be much better
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 24 April 2012, 15:19 »
I tout the Golf R and Rocco R had this so wondered if anyone had the VW part number, fancy OEM rather than putting my VWR one on for a change

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 14 June 2013, 19:13 »
put the gearstick in between 2nd and neutral and lock in place with a 5.5mm drill bit and to lock the gearbox push down slightly on the shift arm and push the little locking rod (an L shaped type thing) into the gearbox

this locks the transmit ion in service position.

then pull back and twist the locking cable ends a few times to re set the cables and then take out of service position and it should be much better

Not sure what you meant wit the 5,5mm drill piece.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline andygo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 04 July 2013, 16:18 »
I locked my gearstick in with a drill bit, but it seemed to be in the wrong place as it was nowhere near a neutral position and after adjusting the cables at the box end, I coudn't get gears 1,3 and 5.

I removed the drill and faffed a bit with the cables. Seems pretty good, although I was doing a bit of enthusiastic driving and it made 3rd and 5th a bit hard to select under braking and a bit of cornering. I was trying out my xds after switching onto the highest setting.

It transformed the car, a bit like a fwd rally car I used to have with a proper lsd fitted.

Offline Gtimk6

• Just got here
« Reply #14 on: 21 October 2013, 10:59 »
Will that short shift fit my 2.0 gti mk6. I need a little help please, if someone can send me links and point me in the right direction. Thanks

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 21 October 2013, 13:40 »
Will that short shift fit my 2.0 gti mk6. I need a little help please, if someone can send me links and point me in the right direction. Thanks

Yeah it defo fit mate, call Audi give them the part number and then fitting will take you about 20-30 mins  :smiley:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)