Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 432374 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
cheers peeps! getting there. cant wait to get the car towed to the garage and start stripping it

wanna get the 1.8t in!!!!!!!

hopefully more parts to be ordered now payday has come :tongue:

Offline 16VWarby

• GTI forum regular
Sounding like its going to be ace when its done, dont let all the miserable old farts in the world put you off it.  Im in the process of buying a 2nd gen rx7 and all people can say is 'that will be a waste of money / cost a fortune'

Wish i'd done this to my mk3 now.  :smiley:

Nissan 200sx s14 soon to be 350hp drift machine :D

2007 Golf Edition 30 DSG, weekend toy :D

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN  -  Isle of Man

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Sounding like its going to be ace when its done, dont let all the miserable old farts in the world put you off it.  Im in the process of buying a 2nd gen rx7 and all people can say is 'that will be a waste of money / cost a fortune'

Wish i'd done this to my mk3 now.  :smiley:

cheers m8. im looking at going uni at some point and then wateva after that. but im taking a few years out, and now is great chance. i h8 looking back and thinking i shud have done that.

like chris dawson told me -  if you want it, just go out there and grab it by the balls. and if anything gets in your way, go through it! and he aint done too bad for himself :D

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
not messing about are you LL. All looks promising so far. What sort of power are you looking to be running it at?

I think we should have a little wager on how much your insurance quote is likely to be. I have been on the recieving end of some silly insurance quotes in my time but never for a 1.8T converted car.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
I spoke with him the other day, think he said about 240 - 260BHP. So....yummy lol!  :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
I spoke with him the other day, think he said about 240 - 260BHP. So....yummy lol!  :evil: :evil: :evil:

Niiiiiiice  :cool:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.

Niiiiiiice  :cool:

Yup  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
well qpeng say there ecu will run it with a k03s at 230bhp. and the k04 will run about 270bhp.

due to the complications, expense and not being generally arsed with the k04, k03s is staying on. the k04 requires lots more parts than i thought, so im sure i can live with 230bhp for now. i got a load of bits already for the k04, just need the turbo and manifold and sort out the oil/coolant lines. good thing is if i ever wanted to put it on, qpeng provide free remaps for life for any changes you make to the engine, providing they are VAG.

i think torque settings are similar if not higher. so happy days!

so maybe after its been running for a while and i got everything else sorted on the car, i.e. paint!! LOL  then might look at the k04. who knows. just have to see what it is running at with the k03s.

cheers :)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
just little update. im away for a week now, but got the car down to the garage and its ready to be stripped when i get back.

got all new discs and pads. went for standard oem, cheaper and nothing more is needed for road use. thanks to those that gave advice ;)  so will be fitting all this and finishing off the brakes when i get back too.

had to get new rear wheel bearings too, as im using mk2 rear discs. mk3 ones have slanted sides and dont sit correctly in the mk2 disc, so they wobble about.

sachs clutch arrived, 1.8t maf, aux belt and aux belt tensioner. still need to get a few more bits. alternator, rad and some rear beam polybushes.

sent off the engine harness to ben @ qpeng today, so should get that back in 2 weeks, along with a new downpipe, throttle body, ecu and boost control :cool:

doesnt look like it will be done for the oxford meet :cry: gutted. it will get done when it gets done i guess. just cant wait to get my car back though!

should get another update up when i get back with pics, etc.

cheers peeps :)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Shame it won't be done in time for Oxford, I'll be coming to Plymouth as soon as it's done then :)