Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 432446 times)

Offline rob026

• Not said much yet
  • Mk3 16v GTI
Re: LazyLunatic's MK3 ---> 1.8t Conversion/Money Pit
« Reply #380 on: 23 February 2009, 03:20 »
Hey buddy, would be interested to hear what you find out about getin your car sprayed at the college,
 I want to get some body work done on mine, which I can do myself,
but my budget dosnt stretch to the big bucks garages want for resprays,
so if they will do it for that price i can get started :cool:

Good to see ya cracking on with the swap, when your done you can do mine if you want :grin:

Josho

« Reply #381 on: 23 February 2009, 10:37 »
Sweet. Wondering where you went to. Oh, if you hear stuff around about Deicer and fail pics, yeah, that was me.

I've decided to respray mine. I've been practicing, not too bad, so I'm going to get the body work sorted then, Porcelain blue time! Orange indicators on that look AWESOME!

Been dreaming of a 1.8t likes yours now as well! Also might get a second set of doors and put Audi handles on them, weld them in, well, get my dad to do it.

I actually had a dream where we stuck a 2.7 Bi-Turbo Audi engine and 4WD system in. Just cause my friend used to have a 2.7 Bi Turbo Audi. I am weird, I know.  :grin:

Anyway, good luck with all of that!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #382 on: 23 February 2009, 18:34 »
cheers bud, i started dreaming about more power lol. after realising that turbocharging my 1.4 was stupid and vr6 turbo was impossible. i found out about the 1.8t. Its amazing how much i have learnt in the past year.

rob - will let you know m8. funny how i found out about it. i was outside scholor on north hill, and some guy stopped me as he noticed the primer patches. started chatting with hin about lol. random! As for the 1.8t conv. julian is helping me, so got him there to help with the swap.

might be getting a passat gearbox 2nite, not sure if my m8 has scrapped it or not. if i can get that, will just need to source the hydro clutch setup with pedal box. plenty of mk3 16v being broken, so shouldnt be a problem.

found a part on ebay too, that enables you to use a cable clutch with a hydro gearbox. not sure how well it would cope. and i guess its worth fitting a hydro clutch. lighter than cable too.

:)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #383 on: 28 February 2009, 16:52 »
ITS DEAD :(

was hoping it would last til i was ready to start the conversion, but i guess not :D

was on my way to collect my gearbox (02a for 1.8t) and just before the exeter services, oil light came on. and due to exhaust noise, couldnt hear the engine on the motorway. so went the services as the oil light came on, thinking it needed topping up. and as i came off the motorway, i could then hear the engine. then i knew it was f**ked. left it to cool for a bit, checked oil level, was fine. so figured it was the oil pressure and decided to turn around and head back home. we stopped again on the way back as it got bad again, cause the engine starting to eat itself again. let it cool and tried it one more time but it was basically about to blow. lose of power, oil light was on and sounded like the engine was seriously about to blow up!! had some very, very loud piston slapping too and white smoke coming in through the vents from the oil cooking. pulled into a lay by. GAME OVER.

anyway, in other news >> found the college has stopped their bodywork course so cant get college to it, but i got m8 who is going to sort the bodywork and respray it.

broke another splitter too! so no more safety tape lol! also broke a bit of the bumper than the splitter clips into. ohh and got a flat tyre!

talk about bad luck hey :rolleyes: seems that it spreading around the site! i know it aint about the car, but my xbox 360 hard drive is broke too!

^ all within the last couple days ^

LL ;)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Unlucky man...that really sucks...when's this conversion going ahead then? Needs to be soon surely?

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Unlucky man...that really sucks...when's this conversion going ahead then? Needs to be soon surely?

within the next few weeks i expect. as soon as i can move everything to the garage i'm using for it. i guess now i can start to strip the car down, dont think i will be using it lol

was looking at the k04 turbo conversion, but its hard finding a 225 engine thats breaking the parts. qpeng figures for there ecu and map are:

k03s (which is on my 1.8t) is 230bhp and 240lbs/ft

k04 is 260bhp and 270lbs/ft

not sure if its worth the hassle, putting on a k04 now i come to think about it. k03s will give me enough power! i will just see if any k04 bits turn up. but i dont think i will wait. plus qpeng will provide a free remap for the k04 if i ever do it the future.

LL ;)

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Got an insurance quote for it yet?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Got an insurance quote for it yet?

should get that sorted on monday :)

Blazing Storm

I like your spirit but at 18 I dread to think how much it will cost to insure. :undecided:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
I know it's never going to happen but what if his quote was unbelievably amazing lol! Would be great for him haha!