Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 434123 times)

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Re: LazyLunatic's MK3 ---> 1.8t Conversion + RAT!
« Reply #360 on: 29 January 2009, 19:20 »
The FPRs are a direct swap... and get a new one from audi, not worth p!ssing about with used parts for something as critical as that. 440s @ 3bar should see you right for 300bhp (at 90ish% duty cycle) which is the most you'll get from the k04 anyway.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LazyLunatic's MK3 ---> 1.8t Conversion + RAT!
« Reply #361 on: 29 January 2009, 23:30 »
ok cheers peeps. was trying to think that if i got 440cc injectors, will i need 4 bar?!? but you guys answered it :afro:

as for the injectors, i'm pretty sure they are 440cc, the part number on it is 0 280 150 ???
the last digits have been melted away on all of them. they are bosch green tops, from an AUM running 350bhp. so im guessing they are 440cc. but just to be sure, is there any other green tops that would fit? so could they have a different flow rate?

im going to measure the space for the intercooler 2moro, and i will post up measurements. but would be good if you could bring it along, worth a look. :afro:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
ok, so didnt get measurements lol

but have thought about respray, and i got a connection through work so i might be able to a get a respray at a good price. probs get it done in the same color, flash red. not sure if i want a respray done in a different color and leave the inner bits in flash red. costs more to get the all the visible parts resprayed.

got polybushes too, will get pics up.

ohh and vr6 maf on its way. going to use the 1.8t sensor and vr6 housing.

LL ;)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
I love your enthusiasm  :cool:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project

cheers lol, i keep trying to push myself along or things wont get done. you just gotta do it. if you say you will do it and then think about, you wont do it lol.

i truly love IT! "thats commitment" << LOL! you gotta try it kirk, its soooo fun!

LL ;)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.

cheers lol, i keep trying to push myself along or things wont get done. you just gotta do it. if you say you will do it and then think about, you wont do it lol.

i truly love IT! "thats commitment" << LOL! you gotta try it kirk, its soooo fun!

LL ;)

Haha quoting my text! I do do things, lol! What you trying to say? I was talking to my mates we went to Cribbs with, saying how your car used to look like a year ago to what it is now, and how much of a project it is and what it's going to be. They were impressed :)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project

LL ;)

Haha quoting my text! I do do things, lol! What you trying to say? I was talking to my mates we went to Cribbs with, saying how your car used to look like a year ago to what it is now, and how much of a project it is and what it's going to be. They were impressed :)

yeah its looks ratty now, but look at what it used to look like ........................ :shocked:

same applies to most peeps cars on here too.

just ordered a Forge TIP. 225 BAM engine one. got it from DPM, hopefully its the right one!!

mmmm anyone know any good engineering companies that do k04 manifolds??

LL ;)

Josho

Are you gonna put it all together then put it in, or engine on it's own?

How are you doing it? Friends and an engine hoist?

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
i got a very knowledgable friend to help. he's got experience of engines swaps. he puts bike carbs on everything too!!!! those that meet him in his ratty polo at bristol will know........
>>> he's gunna make a custom 2.5" exhaust i hope too :)

should be able to borrow an engine hoist from a mate. going to move engine and all parts down to garage this week hopefully. there is a few bits in there that need to be taken out as it was used for storage. but once that is sorted, i can start stripping the engine.

havent started stripping it yet, cause i know i'll loose bits and forget stuff around the house/garage. so i'm going to wait to get this place. get the loom off and send that away to qpeng, cause that takes 2 weeks. take all the k03s stuff off and start going through all the coolant/oil/vacuum/fuel lines that im going to replace and see what is what. need to educate myself on a 1.8t, cause i've never seen one before!

and yeah, im going to build it up before it goes in. hoping to get brakes this weekend, so they will go on before the engine goes in. as for discs and pads, going for black diamond.

also ........ this damn manifold is soooo hard to find!!! :angry:

LL :)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Good luck with it all.