Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 430115 times)

Offline bondbill2k2

• Here all the time
Re: LazyLunatic's MK3 ---> 1.8t Conversion + RAT!
« Reply #340 on: 28 January 2009, 21:09 »
Sorry if this sounds nosey, but say somewhere would insure you - how much is too much to insure? I'm sure some places would insure for £2500+ a year, but is it worth it?

That engine looks the nuts - really hoping you can do this

cheers m8, well i say when insurance gets over £3000, thats pretty damn expensive, even for a young driver. But im willing to pay wateva really, cause it will be totally worth it!!! its going to be soooo much fun driving it around!!! best get a stock of new tyres in, cause i'll be going through a lot i reckon :D

£3k?! dude.. so anything £2500 is OK for a years worth of insurance? there's no way I'd be able to afford that while working 9-5 in a normal job.

i agree it'll be awesome, but too expensive imo
is crazy sums of money for insurance. Personaly id say its a complete waste of money and daft thing to do but its your choice

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #341 on: 28 January 2009, 21:19 »
anyway peeps, forget insurance for now, hey?!? it aint your problem, so you dont need to worry about it   ;)

trying to grab and intercooler that might fit the mk3 nicely, but need to check out spaces. apparently, if you get a slim enough one, it can go in front of the rad. and if you get a smaller, fat intercooler, then can go at the bottom of the bumper, and attach to the steel member, guy on ed38 has done this.

LL ;)

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #342 on: 28 January 2009, 22:03 »
anyway peeps, forget insurance for now, hey?!? it aint your problem, so you dont need to worry about it

If it's too much, so you don't tell your insurer about the small change under the bonnet then it becomes anyone-on-the-road-at-the-same-time-as-you's problem.

Your denial of it as an issue is worrying and points (in the same way as your choice of shed does) at a certain lack of common sense.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #343 on: 28 January 2009, 22:29 »
I wouldn't pay anymore that £1500 for my first year's insurance, I ended on £1400 as that's the best I could get, now on £890 without any NCB, for the next few years, so long as it sticks below £1000 I'm happy with that.

I don't agree with spending £3K on insurance, but hey it's your money man, I know it'll be ace and very nice to do as a project at the same time, so if you can afford to and want to do it, then do it :)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #344 on: 28 January 2009, 22:44 »
anyway peeps, forget insurance for now, hey?!? it aint your problem, so you dont need to worry about it   ;)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #345 on: 28 January 2009, 22:45 »
anyway peeps, forget insurance for now, hey?!? it aint your problem, so you dont need to worry about it   ;)

3K...LOL! Kidding matey ;)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #346 on: 28 January 2009, 22:46 »

thats it shady im punching you on saturday!!!! :D

Josho

« Reply #347 on: 28 January 2009, 22:48 »
Have a race. He's got that heafty Auto box.

EDIT: Oh wait that's just our 1.8 GL. Woops.  :embarassed:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #348 on: 28 January 2009, 22:50 »

thats it shady im punching you on saturday!!!! :D

Bring it b!tch  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Josho

« Reply #349 on: 28 January 2009, 23:01 »
Somebody please video it!