Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 433338 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LazyLunatic's MK3 ---> 1.8t Conversion + RAT!
« Reply #320 on: 28 January 2009, 00:13 »
DH, LL said that he's 19 in April, so he can go on HIC, cheaper.

He might be 19, and HIC might consider insuring him (although they might not with an engine transplant) but at what cost?

The most sensible thing at this point would be to find out if it would be insurable and if so, for how much.  Otherwise you're going to wind up with a car that is not only fugly, but potentially undriveable as it won't be possible to insure it for sensible money.

ahhh come on, where's the faith??? :D

will defo speak to HIC about it, seems like they would be the most likely to insure it.

shady - your on a need to know basis!! lol! nahh, i work full time, mon-fri and have very little outgoings.

I bet DH will be the funniest guy at the meet on sat, this is all just a setup so we dont expect it!!! :D

LL ;)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #321 on: 28 January 2009, 00:16 »
DH, LL said that he's 19 in April, so he can go on HIC, cheaper.

He might be 19, and HIC might consider insuring him (although they might not with an engine transplant) but at what cost?

The most sensible thing at this point would be to find out if it would be insurable and if so, for how much.  Otherwise you're going to wind up with a car that is not only fugly, but potentially undriveable as it won't be possible to insure it for sensible money.

ahhh come on, where's the faith??? :D

will defo speak to HIC about it, seems like they would be the most likely to insure it.

shady - your on a need to know basis!! lol! nahh, i work full time, mon-fri and have very little outgoings.

I bet DH will be the funniest guy at the meet on sat, this is all just a setup so we dont expect it!!! :D

LL ;)

I think he's a nice guy too be honest, he's sound when he sends you a PM, very helpful. I reckon he's just fronting ;) I will stand by you there LL and say he probably will be the funniest guy there ;)

Fair one with being able to afford it, I've probably got £500 outgoing and £700 incoming each month, I know it's not alot compared to the guys with mortgages and stuff but for what I make as opposed to the outgoings it's quite a bit...can't be helped though, I still find a way to deliver to the car (overdraft ftw :P)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #322 on: 28 January 2009, 00:46 »
Well cba to post this earlier so here it is now.

Engine arrived today!!!! yeah!!!

its all good nic from what i can see, came with everything, even key and ecu and downpipe. no aux belt/alternator, but i knew tht and its no biggy.

piccies:

ohh and injectors came. guy said they had no writing on them so didnt know what they were, but they came off a 350bhp AUM 1.8t and had green tops, so i went for them hoping them to be bosch 440cc green tops, and im pretty sure they are, which is good! they had a part # on!!!

LL ;)

Josho

« Reply #323 on: 28 January 2009, 08:01 »
 :cool: Can't wait to see this done!

I want to be getting mine done, but I've got a Fiesta up here right now, starter motor, cog isn't flicking up to go into the engine. I think I've done it now with WD40 and a screwdriver.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #324 on: 28 January 2009, 09:35 »
Can't see imageshack pics at work but nice one on finding an engine so quickly! :shocked:

Whens this all going ahead? Pretty soon I would imagine?

What brakes are your planning to use?

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #325 on: 28 January 2009, 10:07 »
ahhh come on, where's the faith???

Faith?  In insurance companies?

Are you completely mental?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #326 on: 28 January 2009, 13:28 »
ahhh come on, where's the faith???

Faith?  In insurance companies?

Are you completely mental?

nahh i mean your faith in general, you never say anything positive, but always quick to point out the negative's. :D

cue sarcastic remark.... :rolleyes:

anyway, yeah moving things along quickly. at the moment just getting parts and organising a place to do it all in, got a garage that i can borrow for a while and store all the bits in, which is cool, get that next week. but once i got all the parts its going in. as for brakes, mk3 gti brakes, using g60 discs up front and mk2 gti rear discs, so it stays 4 stud.

LL ;)

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #327 on: 28 January 2009, 13:32 »
in all seriousness though make sure you have dh's permission first, its the most important opinion in the universe

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #328 on: 28 January 2009, 13:33 »
in all seriousness though make sure you have dh's permission first, its the most important opinion in the universe

He can ask him face to face on Saturday :P

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #329 on: 28 January 2009, 13:36 »

No no no, DH can be alright. Its sharpie that needs to be watched. He's like DH's apprentice that got banged on the head and malfunctioned.