Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 434121 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LazyLunatic's MK3 ---> 1.8t Conversion + RAT!
« Reply #280 on: 25 January 2009, 15:11 »
Hope you're not thinking of dropping in the 1.8T and not telling the insurance company?

Now we all know LL is stupid.  :grin: :tongue: But surely not that stupid!?

Just kidd'n LL!  :grin:

haha if it saves money!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #281 on: 25 January 2009, 15:15 »

:rolleyes:  :evil:

seriously though im going to tell the dvla about the engine change, tell insurance everything. new legal plates too, so when i get pulled or whatever im 100% legal and then there's nothing they can do. Plus it takes the weight off my shoulder and no more worrying about crash/insurance stuff.

AAHHHHAAAA see, more clever than you thought!!

LL :nerd:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #282 on: 25 January 2009, 15:20 »
I think before anyone decides anything about how clever anyone is, you should get some quotes with your proposed engine.

I think given that you're 18 it might well stall your plans even if you *can* get a quote on it (which is pretty unlikely).
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #283 on: 25 January 2009, 15:28 »
I think before anyone decides anything about how clever anyone is, you should get some quotes with your proposed engine.

I think given that you're 18 it might well stall your plans even if you *can* get a quote on it (which is pretty unlikely).

Good call that DH.

I looked at putting a 1.8 8v gti engine into my mk2 and they wouldn't even give me a quote, but I was fine getting insured on a 16v gti mk3 which is modified and has a much higher value than I set for the mk2 :)

Just from my experience mind but it won't be easy tbh :/

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #284 on: 25 January 2009, 15:30 »
yeah cheers peeps :)

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
« Reply #285 on: 27 January 2009, 17:01 »
I believe HIC have the policy that if say, an engine from the mk4 1.8t was put into a different car, it would only take on the Insurance group of the mk4 1.8t :)

But you have to be 19 to go with HIC. Might be worth phoning Martin up and he may recommend somewhere else (Adrian Flux?) if you're 18.

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #286 on: 27 January 2009, 17:17 »
Yeah but he's going to be using of an engine that is effectively from an S3 if it's running the K04 turbo.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #287 on: 27 January 2009, 17:56 »
Yeah but he's going to be using of an engine that is effectively from an S3 if it's running the K04 turbo.

yeah, i do realise this is going to be a t**t to sort out and it didnt even cross my mind until said, great shout DH.

i'll figure something out!

will talk to hic, im 19 in april, and my renewal is in nov. depending on how long it takes to get the engine in, might wait til nov. it wont take that long, but it might take longer than i thought sourcing the parts and planning it!

am going to be investigating insurers though, thanks again guys!

LL ;)

sharpie

« Reply #288 on: 27 January 2009, 18:05 »
oh yes, big power in a crap handling car, and main driver not even grown pubes yet. insurance will be no problem  :rolleyes:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #289 on: 27 January 2009, 18:16 »
oh yes, big power in a crap handling car, and main driver not even grown pubes yet. insurance will be no problem  :rolleyes:

Your sarcasm actually has meaning :laugh:

My mk3 handles alot better than my mk2 though (just driven both one after another) but im guessing its more to the fact one has PAS and the other doesnt :smiley:

Insurance will be a problem, end of.