Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 433695 times)

Offline avengedslayer

• I live here
Re: LazyLunatic's MK3 ---> 1.4 to 1.8t
« Reply #240 on: 21 January 2009, 12:05 »
dude i dont think you will pull off riding that low with a 1.8t lump in i beleive the sumps are way low in a mk3 :grin: also would you need G60 brakes or bigger brake conversion and strenghen the actual underneath of car its self??? :smiley:

Offline VR6-Joe

• I live here
« Reply #241 on: 21 January 2009, 13:50 »
Would be interesting to know actually cus I'd planned on putting a 1.8T in my old car (about a year ago now), but ended up selling that so I may do something with this one.
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #242 on: 21 January 2009, 15:40 »
there should be no problem fitting a 1.8t with a few essential mod's...like using the gti front and rear brakes,suspension arms,roll bars,master cylinder and rear axle (converting to 5 stud while your there too...oh and this will be cheap as loads of people are breking 5 stud gti's at the mo).
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Josho

« Reply #243 on: 21 January 2009, 17:11 »
Yeah, I may be getting a 5 stud on Saturday to brake. I'm not sure, but I may keep the hubs and brake set up, and the MK4 alloys, or I'll let 'em go to you cheaply.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #244 on: 21 January 2009, 20:09 »
im staying 4 stud, but using mk3 gti calipers. running g60 front discs and mk2 gti rear discs. will use oem discs first i reckon, but i am looking at black diamond for brake parts.

Got coilies, so will adjust height when it comes to it.

is it really worth replacing susp. arms and master cylinder?? thought they are the same part in all mk3's??

cheers.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #245 on: 21 January 2009, 21:28 »

matt blue if i do it properly with gun etc. (but not properly like guy with orange mk3!!!)

or if time/money/other sh!t restrict this, then i will buy a couple cans of matt black and do the traditional dub respray lol, but i dont think im going to do this, its like a last resort.

Never know though, i might go as far as doing all the visible red paint, i.e parts that can be seen when doors are open. when i do the engine conversion, im tempted to do the engine bay too.

the problem i have with all the bits im doin is to do things properly and not rushed requires a lot of time, which means the car will be off the road, i.e in the garage. so i need to arrange other transport really. i might be able to use work van if i really need to.

come to think about it now, i could do an entire respray over a weekend if i planned it right. strip it down friday night, spray/prep wateva sat/sun and then mon night put it all back together.

Anyway to the BIG news, bought myself a 1.8t!!!!!!!! AUM code, so it has the k03s on it, mk4 anni engine. cant wait for it to get here! hopefully there will be no messing about and it will be in good condition. I also bought a brand new k04 and im on the search for the rest of the parts for the k04 upgrade.

Got a huge list of all the parts i need and its a lot more than i thought lol!

LL ;)

Josho

« Reply #246 on: 21 January 2009, 22:14 »
Wow good luck!

Shame you are so far away or you could swap your tax and insurance over to mine and use that. I'm being serious too, I'd love to help with a 1.8T MK3 conversion.

What you doing with your old engine?

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #247 on: 21 January 2009, 22:29 »
keeping the old engine most likely, might use it for something, but no plans atm.

always good to have to help, tis a shame your so far away.

thanks for the luck m8, looks like im going to need it for the parts search more than the fitting itself!!

:)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #248 on: 21 January 2009, 22:40 »
your master cylinder will be too small with big discs! you'll proberbly find you have loads of pedal travel (or the other way round?)
as for suspension.....yours will have 19mm anti roll bars and small arms etc.... the gti has 22mm roll bars and much improved arms (you'll find it will torue steer like an astra driven by a chav if you dont upgrade..its all about keeping the wheels as steady as possible!) and you can use your brake set up with gti suspension tho....
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #249 on: 21 January 2009, 22:58 »
keeping the old engine most likely, might use it for something, but no plans atm.

Boat anchor. Or doorstop...  :laugh:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.