Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 430161 times)

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
Your driving around in the damp and wet in primer? Thats not good for the paint dude, primer is porous.

Liking the smooth bumpers though, looks like youve done a good job there.
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
cheers m8.

yep, damp and wet in primer lol.

trying to make myself get on with the rest of the car by putting them on. will work soon lol, its just sooo f*ckin cold to be doing bodywork!!

I cant take all the credit though, my m8 did some of the work lol, i was doing it and then he did a bit and then decided to finish them off. Of course i let him, which was great, cause it was p!ssing me off trying to get certain parts right!!! cost me a few kfc's, but was worth it :afro:

So if anyone wants some smoothed bumpers, i'll ask my m8! He will probs do them for a good price!

LL ;)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
OK, noticed this the other day:

need a power cap, as all lights in the car dim with basslines, haha too much power going to the sound system!!! even headlights dim, quite funny at night, caus its in time with music (of course). and it doesnt dim a lot, just noticable and doesnt affect vision or anything.

going to dynomat the doors and boot too soon, too much vibration.

LL ;)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.

need a power cap, as all lights in the car dim with basslines, haha too much power going to the sound system!!! even headlights dim, quite funny at night, caus its in time with music (of course). and it doesnt dim a lot, just noticable and doesnt affect vision or anything.

LL ;)

Get a better battery ;) LOL!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project

LL ;)

pretty much new one and its a good one.

i run 2 subs off a monoblock, so when the peak power comes in, the amp sucks up a lot of juice! Not to mention the other amp for the speakers!

i reckon you need more power in your sound system lol!

LL ;)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.

LL ;)

pretty much new one and its a good one.

i run 2 subs off a monoblock, so when the peak power comes in, the amp sucks up a lot of juice! Not to mention the other amp for the speakers!

i reckon you need more power in your sound system lol!

LL ;)

Admittedly I don't have a monoblock, I'm running a 4 channel amp for the sub and front comps, but still, I'm happy with the sound as is atm, gonna upgrade the amp to a mono amp for the sub and get a 2 channel amp for the front comps, but that's in the pipeline lol!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
keep the 4 channel and run 6x9s and front doors from that and then a monoblock and run two 2 subs in 2ohm off it.

well thats my plan, almost done it, just need some new front speakers with crossovers - they are so important. sooo type r component set should do it. just need to look around for some.

then will most likely get some 6x9 type r's at some point. You get a much better sound quality when all your speakers are the same.

LL ;)

Offline DubFan

• I live here
If you're running 2 subs off one mono-block amp, that may be the cause of the dimming lights.
Running 2x 4ohm speakers reduces the impedance to 2 ohms which many amps will stuggle to power and that will pull more power from the car's battery/alternator.
If your subs are 8ohms each, then the impedance will be reduced to 4ohms in total which can still be a bit low for some amps.
Do you really need 2 subs? Is the extra weight and bass volume really needed?
If you can't do without it, then I would definately recommend you run each one off it's own amp channel.
A power capacitor can only do so much. The alternator on the car may be a bit puny considering you've got the 1.4 engine.

Try disconnecting one sub and see if that helps, if not, try a power cap, if that doesn't help try an uprated alternator.

I would always advise running one speaker/sub per amp channel, it will always sound better.

Offline Dec

• I live here
My lights were dimming the otherday but that was cause of a damp coil, they were going right off then back on then right off :tongue:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
If you're running 2 subs off one mono-block amp, that may be the cause of the dimming lights.
Running 2x 4ohm speakers reduces the impedance to 2 ohms which many amps will stuggle to power and that will pull more power from the car's battery/alternator.
If your subs are 8ohms each, then the impedance will be reduced to 4ohms in total which can still be a bit low for some amps.
Do you really need 2 subs? Is the extra weight and bass volume really needed?
If you can't do without it, then I would definately recommend you run each one off it's own amp channel.
A power capacitor can only do so much. The alternator on the car may be a bit puny considering you've got the 1.4 engine.

Try disconnecting one sub and see if that helps, if not, try a power cap, if that doesn't help try an uprated alternator.

I would always advise running one speaker/sub per amp channel, it will always sound better.

ohh yeah, need the bass! yeah running 2ohm and that is why m8, but i knew it would suck power, just going to see if a power cap will make a difference.

didnt plan on running 2 subs off a monoblock, but then my mate gave me his twin vibe setup. going to amp the fronts and upgrade all speakers etc and see how it sounds. dynomat the car, etc.

then maybe look into a really good 2 channel to run the subs or grab a Jl audio w7 next time im in the states!

LL ;)