Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 432359 times)

Offline eightyeightmph

• I live here
Re: LazyLunatic's MK3 1.4 ---> Needs a 20vt in NOW!!!
« Reply #170 on: 24 November 2008, 18:43 »
i like the tints. they show you empathise with the people that have to sit in the back.

C'mon monkey boy, we're done with the 'bating' that's been going on. Move on. :wink:

If you've got nothing nice to say don't say anything! :afro:

Keep at it LL, look forward to the finished article! :D
2016 GOLF GTD

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #171 on: 24 November 2008, 19:01 »
i like the tints. they show you empathise with the people that have to sit in the back.

C'mon monkey boy, we're done with the 'bating' that's been going on. Move on. :wink:

If you've got nothing nice to say don't say anything! :afro:

Keep at it LL, look forward to the finished article! :D

cheers m8, i cant wait for the finished product either!! except i need to put the work in to get there (damn).

i enjoy doing it, its quite rewarding too! hopefully get the bumpers finished soon, all primed. Then i will put them on the car and roll with them on. That way i can see them in different lights and see if anything needs changing. Also it should make me work faster to get the whole car done!

LL ;)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #172 on: 24 November 2008, 22:01 »
Good tip for the front number plate is to hold it on with magnets, then it is easy to remove for shows etc.

wont work very well with the way its going to be on. i got loads of cable ties so just cut them and use new ones when it needs to come off.

cheers though :afro:

LL ;)

No what I meant was I have seen people use magnets to put / hold them in the orignal place, I think they hide washers in the filler.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #173 on: 09 December 2008, 01:12 »
K, the bumpers are coming along, havent been working on them as work has been hectic and the weekend was CRAZY!!!! hahahahaha!!!!

I said before i did something to the splitter, need to post a pic up, imo its cool. I have had mixed opinions, which was expected. Both "PHAT!!!" and "what the f*ck have you done!?!?"
So pics to come for this.

More pics of the bumpers soon too.

Looking at getting a mk3 gti donor too, found one, just need to win the bidding. will use the brakes from that, bonnet and a couple other bits.

Ohh and looking for some yellow film to cover the hellas with, mmmmmmm yellow hellas, never seen them before, ever.

Will be a unique car once it all gets done, crazy splitter, yellow hellas, matt dark blue paint work with smoothed body and holding a 1.8t under the hood, which with some work, should be pushing 260bhp! But probs wont lol!

LL ;)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #174 on: 09 December 2008, 01:15 »
Sounds like it will be f**king ace man, I always look forward to your unique things you do with the car, no doubt I'll be a "WTF have you done to the splitter" person but lol!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #175 on: 09 December 2008, 01:21 »
Sounds like it will be f**king ace man, I always look forward to your unique things you do with the car, no doubt I'll be a "WTF have you done to the splitter" person but lol!

most likely lol! as will most/all peeps on this site, but thats how we at devondubs do things!!!

cba with pics now, im tired as f*ck!!

LL ;)

Josho

« Reply #176 on: 09 December 2008, 14:42 »
C'mon man get some pics up! I'm getting a MK3 1.4 and I need some inspiration, and this thread has given me some!

Shame mines not red though :( or even dragon green, never thought I'd like a green car.

I love the red and the Candy Blue or something.

If only I could respray mine Cobalt blue. MMMM  :evil: :evil: :evil:

Pics mate  :wink:

Cheers for the inspirtation!

Might take 16 secs to get to 60, but atleast it's a Golf, right?

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #177 on: 09 December 2008, 15:21 »
C'mon man get some pics up! I'm getting a MK3 1.4 and I need some inspiration, and this thread has given me some!

Shame mines not red though :( or even dragon green, never thought I'd like a green car.

I love the red and the Candy Blue or something.

If only I could respray mine Cobalt blue. MMMM  :evil: :evil: :evil:

Pics mate  :wink:

Cheers for the inspirtation!

Might take 16 secs to get to 60, but atleast it's a Golf, right?

Never thought I'd like a green car either until I got mine ;)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #178 on: 10 December 2008, 09:08 »
K, the bumpers are coming along, havent been working on them as work has been hectic and the weekend was CRAZY!!!! hahahahaha!!!!

I said before i did something to the splitter, need to post a pic up, imo its cool. I have had mixed opinions, which was expected. Both "PHAT!!!" and "what the f*ck have you done!?!?"
So pics to come for this.

More pics of the bumpers soon too.

Looking at getting a mk3 gti donor too, found one, just need to win the bidding. will use the brakes from that, bonnet and a couple other bits.

Ohh and looking for some yellow film to cover the hellas with, mmmmmmm yellow hellas, never seen them before, ever.

Will be a unique car once it all gets done, crazy splitter, yellow hellas, matt dark blue paint work with smoothed body and holding a 1.8t under the hood, which with some work, should be pushing 260bhp! But probs wont lol!

LL ;)

You can get yellow tint film, someone on ed38 sells it or I did my foglamps with stained glass paint works fine, got a spare pot here if you want it to try.

« Last Edit: 10 December 2008, 09:09 by wayned »

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #179 on: 11 December 2008, 19:52 »
only using film, as i can remove it. if they werent hellas i would spray/paint them, but not risking wrecking a set of hellas!

OK i said pics, i got some of the bumpers, but will wait til i can get more pics of them on the car.

Yes, they are on the car and are pretty much done. They need a touch here and there, but i will do that when i go over the car looking for imperfections.

The bumpers look phat, there in primer, so cant see what it will look like really, but i reckon it will look great.

Dont get time in the week to get photos, so will hopefully have a full photo session this weekend, inside, outside, the lot.

Ohh and plan atm for the engine is a 1.8t with a k04 running qpeng, with a 2.5" exhaust. qpeng plug and play is just so great, easy and it comes ready mapped to like 270/280bhp with the setup i want. Just trying to source parts now. As the qpeng stuff is expensive, i need to pick up a 1.8t cheap. although would pay more for a TT/S3 engine that comes with a k04, as separetely, they are quite pricey. Ohh and looks like im going to custom fab my own 2.5 exhaust, cause getting a custom one made will be very expensive!!! will have to see how funds are.

LL ;)