Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 433240 times)

Offline Benrevs

• I live here
Re: LazyLunatic's MK3 1.4 ---> Needs a 20vt in NOW!!!
« Reply #160 on: 23 November 2008, 19:31 »
Children!!!   Your parents ever say "6 of one half a dozen of the other"?  You lot threw your to Gi-joes  out the pram about a few comments and now you are doing exactly what you were moaning about!!  Still tis entertaining. :grin:   All in all good progress on the motor, not a massive fan of the mk3 but looks good.

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Re: LazyLunatic's 1.4 AEX---> Serious changes in the pipeline
« Reply #161 on: 23 November 2008, 19:51 »
Perhaps step away from the keyboard once in a while & do some exercise!

Thanks for the tip.

I will just as soon as I can get back on my bike after the BMW driver knocked me off it and fractured my kneecap.

Only another 2 weeks and the pounds'll come off again and I'll be back down from Golf3 weight to Golf2 in a jiffy  :tongue:

At my ripe old age I have to work hard to try and keep away from becoming as fat as a VR6.  :grin:
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #162 on: 23 November 2008, 20:24 »
come on now the recent attempts at ripping each other have been poor. maybe we need a thread in the nonsense section for this ongoing arguement :D

Pics of bumpers coming up l8r!

LL ;)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #163 on: 23 November 2008, 21:41 »
Here are the pics of bumpers so far, still got quite a bit to do. takes a while to get them right. The pics sort of show the progress of them over time. For the front bumper, i used fibre glass bridger to fix the vents in place and smooth the gaps around them. For the license plate part, i used a bit of pvc foam from work, cut it to size and screwed it in place, as well as using fibre glass to stick it down. The have used body filler to tidy it up. Used as little as possible cause i know it cracks easy. Not going crazy with the smoothing, keeping the lines, but getting rid of the deep part that runs around the bumpers. Should look quite good and will be a nice subtle mod. I thought might as well, as im doing all the bodywork.

LL ;)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #164 on: 23 November 2008, 22:01 »
Where you putting your front license plate dude? I hope not where Mikester put his when he did this lol!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #165 on: 23 November 2008, 22:12 »
Where you putting your front license plate dude? I hope not where Mikester put his when he did this lol!

its going below where it used to be, half on the splitter sort of thing. Got it all planned.

basically, i got a license plate holder thats got loads of holes in it to be used as screw holes, but i can use them to cable tie the holder to the front bumper. using the things that are the middle lower vent of the front bumper.

cable ties ftw!

LL ;)

sharpie

« Reply #166 on: 24 November 2008, 12:47 »
i like the tints. they show you empathise with the people that have to sit in the back.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #167 on: 24 November 2008, 12:54 »
Good tip for the front number plate is to hold it on with magnets, then it is easy to remove for shows etc.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #168 on: 24 November 2008, 17:23 »
Good tip for the front number plate is to hold it on with magnets, then it is easy to remove for shows etc.

wont work very well with the way its going to be on. i got loads of cable ties so just cut them and use new ones when it needs to come off.

cheers though :afro:

LL ;)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #169 on: 24 November 2008, 17:25 »
i like the tints. they show you empathise with the people that have to sit in the back.

??

the back seats arent for sitting :afro:

LL ;)