Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 434317 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LazyLunatic's 1.4 AEX---> Serious changes in the pipeline
« Reply #140 on: 19 November 2008, 00:31 »
cheers peeps  :D

would have had a gti/vr6 as first car, but insurance is just stupid!!!

looking for a 20vt all the time, but conversion aint cheap, so need to save. always loads on ebay, but never see anything on there cheap. just need to get lucky and find a stacked ibiza cupra or a car carrying the prized 1.8t.

sourcing brake parts too. going to gather a load of sh!t and then blitz it all over a weekend sometime. will be planned out. would be nice to have a donor car with the 1.8t, so any parts needed can be stripped from it, much easier. Not easy to find one thats not already been taken by a breakers.

LL ;)

Offline eightyeightmph

• I live here
Re: LazyLunatic's 1.4 AEX---> Serious changes in the pipeline
« Reply #141 on: 19 November 2008, 08:52 »
It's still a 1.4

It's still Barryboys.co.uk fodder.

It's still proof you can't polish a turd. 

It's still entertaining watching you continue try polishing it though.

As you were.

For an IT geek you don't know much about the internet? Have you even visited barryboys? The definition of which is for liberally applying filler and chicken wire to a poorly fitting body kit on a sh!tty wreck of a car with some cheap halford-esq alloys thrown in for good measure...

I see none of the above on LL's car? I see someone putting time & effort in turning a standard 1.4 golf into something which will have more get up and go than most the Gti's on here? It's not like he's just talking the talk either, it's a 14 page thread with continuos progression. He started this as a 17 year old - I sure as hell wouldn't of been able to afford anything bigger than a 1.4 when I was 17, infact my first car was a 1.0 Polo.

I'm amazed how douche bags like you & sharpie are permitted to troll around on a sign up forum, anywhere else would of had you banned by now not only for your worthless 'holier than thou' posts but just for being the low-life bottom sucking scum you are?

EVERYONE knows you have a massive problem with MK3's, so why not just crawl back into the MK2 section with your little blanket where you & you're recruited affiliates can just bum each other contently.

I'm sure you'll toss each other offer at how excited you are with someone retaliating but you are so far past pathetic it's untrue. Surely you must have something just a little bit more constructive to do? Why not go have another go at breaking something on your mates car, or hell, sleep with your sister again? Take your pick! ;)
« Last Edit: 19 November 2008, 08:54 by eightyeightmph »
2016 GOLF GTD

VeeDubClub

Re: LazyLunatic's MK3 1.4 ---> Needs a 20vt in NOW!!!
« Reply #142 on: 19 November 2008, 10:03 »

DH is a c*nt oviously has absolutely nothing better to do in his life!

LL This car rules! I just love it! You've put so much time and effort into it. And when you put that first pic of it next to the newest one the change is amazing!

I'd be tempted to do the bottom of the grill red though mate?

Offline Karloss

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #143 on: 19 November 2008, 10:51 »
DH, think your just jealous that hes actually making an effort and learning about this as he goes!

Hes inspired me to do more with my daily driver for a bit of fun and muck around with it. So cut him some slack. I say hes done some great work and really enjoying what hes doing so if you got nothing better to post that that sort of Cr*p then dont post.

Why waste your time if thats all you got to say!

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #144 on: 19 November 2008, 16:47 »
One word:

Nobcheese

That's what DH is.

VeeDubClub

« Reply #145 on: 19 November 2008, 16:52 »
One word:

Nobcheese

That's what DH is.

Well you are what you eat ay!  :grin:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #146 on: 19 November 2008, 18:57 »
haha, cheers all. surprised the odd couple havent been banned yet!

I have actually learnt a lot by doing it all. Cant wait to get the bodywork done, but then i really cant wait for a new engine, 1.4 really is just too slow lol.

picked up some rain-x today too, going to be putting that 2moro.

LL ;)

Offline Karloss

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #147 on: 19 November 2008, 19:45 »
Gday LL,

Hows your pocket going? Roughly how much do you think you have spent?
Sent you a pm to ask you a few questions, whats your cars mile age like at the moment???

Must say its a huge transformation and something to be very proud of to put that sort of work in and getting the results, its an accomplishing feeling no doubt.

So what future plans for the next coming months, being realistic. :P

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #148 on: 19 November 2008, 20:21 »
Next coming months. well if i can find them, 1.8t and brakes!

mileage is around 94,000, dont know it exactly.

as for money spent, not that much tbh, done all the work myself. Coilies are the only new parts i bought i think.

i also forgot to mention on the PM, coilies!!  and i also fitted a remote kit to my central locking, although havent figured out how to wire it to the hazards, harder than you may think!

LL ;)

Offline GOLF_STU

• I live here
  • THE_GIT
« Reply #149 on: 19 November 2008, 22:33 »
just been reading from the start and gotta say a few comments were harsh to say the least  :sad:

the cars lookin good and at the end of the day if you like it thats all that matters. you modify a car to your own tastes whatever they may be  :cool:

fear is temporary, regret lasts forever...
V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!