Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 430075 times)

Offline Ashley

• I live here
Re: LazyLunatic's 1.4 AEX---> Serious changes in the pipeline
« Reply #100 on: 07 November 2008, 14:26 »
Best not judge my life by your standards.

Wopping out the 'don't judge me card' ? Boo-bloody-hoo.

It's coming on well LL, quite an inspiration for my wreck of a 1.4!

Where did you get your exhaust btw? I've had a read through but can't seem to find if/where you've said?

keep up the good work.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #101 on: 07 November 2008, 15:30 »
What I say;

You know when someone's upset when they go to all that effort, don't you.

Best not judge my life by your standards.

What I mean (and quietly feel in side);

"Someone went to all that effort me? Ah guys, man it's almost like I have 'real' friends, this'll shut Mum up next time she says I should get out more"

"I'd best not judge my life by any standard... boo hoo hoo!"

:afro:

This made me laugh out f**king loud whilst having a sh!t on the toilet (got a laptop). LOL!

But what made me laugh even more was LLs reaction "I like to have a laugh, but not with you, you're a ....!" LMFAO!!!!

45h845h, he bought it from Rmachines from the forum, I'm after one for my 1.8 but can't find any on the cheap atm lol! And yeah LL, cars coming on nice, hope I get to see it next Sunday ;)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #102 on: 07 November 2008, 18:34 »
Well its not too bad, needs some bodywork and paint work. minimal rust though and under body is mint.
gti interior, boot all lit up red, footwells red. gotta love it lol. thats it for interior stuff. got the sound system in of course.

powerflow exhaust, like shady said came from rmachines. its sounds sooo awesome.

I can sort of do an update of what i might do to it.

well the car needs alloys. now i got my azev a's, which are sweet. and i got my rxII's which are 5 stud. Now if i was to use my car as a proper project as in new brakes, engine, etc, then i would use gti/vr6 brakes and then use the 5 stud rxII's. I got a set of 195/45/16 which fit the azevs and rxII's, and both need the tyres, so need to decide what im doing, so i can put the tyres on the right alloys.

If i keep my car:

Now the rxII's are split, so i will do the centres the color of the car and outers in white. Then vinyl wrap bonnet white. or change the white to black, so black rims and bonnet.

If i get a gti:

Same thing as above these wheels will go straight on it, with color coded centres and white rims, then a white bonnet. I reckon the white would look phat on a blue, black or dragon green gti.

So yes, im looking at getting a gti, off to see a some this weekend if i can. Thing is car is going to need a new head gasket i think, clutch, ohh and the mot is due end of month, as is the tax and insurance. So i might just keep mine as a project, work on it for while (can use work van, so no transport issues). then get it back on the road.

I was on the look for a 1.8t, and almost handed over big dough for a cupra engine, but it fell through. Still sort of on the look for a 1.8t, but i keep changing my f***ing mind and its annoying!!!

plan changes everyday lol.

Here is the plan atm of what i would do if i kept my car:

ok, so paint work isnt great. so i would do lots of bodywork, getting out all the little dings, etc. new panels if needed, but i doubt that. unless i can get them cheap. then rat respray it - matt black! then like i said before white bonnet, and the bbs rxII's with matt black centres and white rims and all new bolts, that i might spray white too.

Then 1.8t it, with gti/vr6 brakes setup all round.

Thats the plan is simple form lol.

LL ;)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #103 on: 09 November 2008, 21:14 »
-
« Last Edit: 09 November 2008, 21:33 by LazyLunatic »

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #104 on: 09 November 2008, 21:32 »
I got my azevs on today, and because they are 16's, they fill the arches more and the height was awesome, so it looks more slammed, which is phat. the azevs themselves look phat too. took the centres out so the bolts show. Looks better this way, cause it emphasises the dish.

But of course, as it did before it rubbed like a b!tch. So a quick call to my m8 and he comes over with his arch roller. Its awesome, made it himself. Uses a genuine vw widow maker jack and the centre of a nova steel wheel and then a few various bits welded on and then a roller. Yeah the paint cracked a bit, which was going to happen and found out that the front arches will probs need replacing, but got spares somewhere i think.

Got pics of the rolling, but cba to upload atm lol, wil get them up when i can some pics of the car as it is now. Daylight is limited now :angry:

Also wired the headlights into the remote central locking. Couldnt figure out how to wire in the hazards. got the right wire for them, etc and had all right, but it didnt work, so i gave up and just wired it to the headlights. So now when i lock/unlock it, the headlights flash instead of the hazards. which is good enough for me. Shady, i can show you on sunday or pm me and i can tell you, not hard at all, no soldering or cutting wires.

Ok and because the azevs look soooo phat, plans have changed lol. Still looking at gti's, but i reckon i might keep the 1.4 as a project.

Badly needs discs on the back, so need the entire subframe, etc off a mk3 gti, then use mk2 discs to keep it 4 stud. then for the fronts mk2 hubs and mk3 everything else (calipers, carriers, discs).

Now i am going to go ahead with the paintwork and bodywork. Me and my m8 are going to go around the entire car looking for imperfections, dents, etc and mark them. Going to make the entire body mint. Repair any rust that we find, although i dont think is much if any. Going to go with smoothed bumpers and a badgeless grill. Might smooth off sides too. Smoothed boot, but might keep the license plate bit.

Then prime it and get it all sanded and smooth ready for paint. Now for paint, i going with matt paint, but not sure on color, matt black had been played, matt green is phat, but still played. Thinking matt blue, like a really rich dark matt blue. Would be phat.

So i could be rolling to the yeovil meet in primer, depends how things go. probs not though, cause smoothing it out takes ages.

Got mot/tax/insurance coming up soon, so need to get that all sorted.

Then once all this is done, then its engine time. Totally dont know what to do here. 1.8t would be nice, vr would be nice, even a 2.0 8v would be good. Depends on money, time and difficulty. But it is in need of a new engine, 1.4 is just too slow!

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #105 on: 09 November 2008, 23:23 »
Sounds like some good sh!t going on with it dude, I'd like to do the same with the repairing the body etc, I've grown attached to my car you see, so want to keep it, but need a faster engine, I'm thinking 8V ;)

Will be good to see what it looks like next Sunday! And also gotta tell me how to do the headlight thing, I'd get that done tomorrow :D ready for the meet haha!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #106 on: 09 November 2008, 23:33 »
Sounds like some good sh!t going on with it dude, I'd like to do the same with the repairing the body etc, I've grown attached to my car you see, so want to keep it, but need a faster engine, I'm thinking 8V ;)

Will be good to see what it looks like next Sunday! And also gotta tell me how to do the headlight thing, I'd get that done tomorrow :D ready for the meet haha!

To be honest, your best bet with what you would get if you sold it plus it is clean and tidy for its age, would be to drop a 8V or 16V in it, cheap and easy enough to pick a doner car.

Sorry for the hijack.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #107 on: 09 November 2008, 23:49 »

To be honest, your best bet with what you would get if you sold it plus it is clean and tidy for its age, would be to drop a 8V or 16V in it, cheap and easy enough to pick a doner car.

Sorry for the hijack.

That's what I plan on doing ;)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #108 on: 10 November 2008, 00:03 »
some say well just sell and get a gti, but i have got attached to it sort of. i guess when you work it so much, you want to complete the project.

looking at all engines, if time and money allow, then 1.8t is going in. need to think about it, but you can pick up a 8v engine very cheap, abf 16v are a little more expensive as are a vr.

pm sent shady.

LL ;)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #109 on: 10 November 2008, 00:31 »
I would pick the 20V or ABF over a VR6.