Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 433584 times)

Offline MooZ

• GTI forum regular
Re: LazyLunatic's 1.4 AEX - Finally Updated!!!
« Reply #70 on: 12 September 2008, 19:26 »
Yeah! How slow are mk3 1.4s? I'm sure I raced one in my 1.3 mk2... and did it... at least I think he was trying.... I'm not really one for speed though. Looks are the main bit.

As for the wheels, I think the ones you have on are not too bad... But BBS RA's would make it look reallllllll nice. Spray them black too to match your tints, and it would look the dogs bllckz  :wink:
Lifes a beach!
so you may aswell die in a nice Bikini!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #71 on: 12 September 2008, 21:09 »
yeah i want to refurb a set of ra's in black. should look mint. maybe dark grey/silver ish, mix black with grey to give it a slight greyish, not sure. either way, ra's will look waaaaaay better than the kerbed-ass-pieces-o-sh!t i got on there atm!!! lol

1.4 aint too bad, well it aint great though. its faster than the modern 1.0l's like colt's, etc 107's, polos. Its neck and neck sort of with my m8s 1.4 seat leon 16v. but its really not that great. Its pretty nippy, more than you would expect for a heavy car. But you need to get the revs up if actually want to move. :D

LL ;)

Offline eightyeightmph

• I live here
« Reply #72 on: 19 September 2008, 10:22 »

Hat's off to you dude, when you started out I thought you were a bit too chavtastic for my liking but you've gone from strength to strength & ended up with a respectable car at the end of it all. ICE in the boot is a 'little' OTT but for a bright RED MK3 it's not bad! :wink:

Nice job dropping in the GTi interior too, apart from the engine you'd think it was a GTi! :shocked:
2016 GOLF GTD

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #73 on: 20 September 2008, 20:58 »
cheers m8!!!! i have done some engine work to make it look better. It aint going any faster, so why not make it look better? Sprayed parts of it black. Will get pics up 2moz.

People have said i've done well with such a tight budget.

LL ;)

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #74 on: 20 September 2008, 22:17 »
cheers m8!!!! i have done some engine work to make it look better. It aint going any faster, so why not make it look better? Sprayed parts of it black. Will get pics up 2moz.

People have said i've done well with such a tight budget.

LL ;)

Defiantly done well mate it looks mint now! Like what youve done with it :cool:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #75 on: 21 September 2008, 21:08 »
Got pulled by 5-0 a week or so back. For the plates. He was alright about it, wasnt a bad cop, the rare kind - a nice, good cop who understood the dubbin' stylin'. Anyway, he said because the car was registered in the UK, it cannot have a "D" on the plate, it must be a GB or nothing. Other than that it was OK. He did say it would be a £30 fine. But he let me off! He was in an unmarked car, skoda octavia vrs, sweet cop car. I knew it was the police, he followed me for a while around town and i just said to myself, i'll drive around all day if i have to, lol  :tongue:

So i made a couple stickers at work, saves getting new plates.

Also sprayed the cam cover and exhaust manifold cover - black. No primer, used HT spray paint, and a bit of laquer on top for the shine. Came out quite nice and cured well too. Didnt take very long at all, and was easy to do. Just dont overtighten the cam cover bolts when refitting! here the pics:

gave it a good wire brush and degreasing

all the yuck on the otherside of cover

cam cover off

after a few light coats

laquered

before

after

cheers for the comments peeps!

LL ;)

Offline vwjack

• I live here
Re: LazyLunatic's 1.4 AEX---> WOW has it changed over the past year!
« Reply #76 on: 21 September 2008, 21:15 »
yeah you gotta love on them pressed plates. the font will get you nextand good effort on the rocker cover and the other thing looks good in black. :cool:

jack

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #77 on: 21 September 2008, 22:22 »
yeah the exhaust manifold thing just needed to be black too! pressed plates really do make a difference to the look of the car.

he didnt say anything about the font, and i didnt even think about asking!

The font is one of those things you can get away with, cause its just if you can read the font. And considering it is the official font of germany, it must be easy to read. (is for me!). The important things are the letter (GB) and spacing i think.

Thanks for the comment m8!

got a set of bbs splits coming, but they are 5 stud, just something to refurb and use on a future car or sell them after the refurb, not sure yet. Also might have a go at smoothing a bumper, i got a spare rear bumper to play with.

Totally not sure at all what im doing with my car situation atm. I might sell the 1.4 and get a new one when insurance renewal is up. mk3 valver or if i can get da money a 1.8t mk4/a3 - but i kinda want the mk3 the most!!!! just i keep getting the feeling that i should keep the 1.4 to work on, but when i think about the amount of work it needs to get it to show quality, its just not worth it. And it being a CL isnt great either, so it would be much easier to get a new car.

So i keep thinking is it worth doing more work to the car if im gunna sell it, i just dont know! Some say its just a 1.4 and not worth it - get a gti. I see where they are coming from. Others say get keep it for while. I just dont know!!!!!

I think i am steering more towards sell though.

Got a new compressor in at work now, so might have a go at doing the rear bumper with it and see how it turns out, if it is mint, then i might just have to have a go at respraying more of the car! just need to find out if i can do it at work though, and the odds are against me on that one......

LL ;)

Offline bigman_10

• Here all the time
« Reply #78 on: 21 September 2008, 22:33 »
Full respray - go for it mate!!!!! i'll warn you now its like a peedo's tacke in toy's 'r' us really long and really hard!

it's good to learn how to do though, try the bumpers first and then see what you want to do after, i'm glad i did mine but it did take me about a month of serious ball ache! i like the rocker cover and manifold shroud though looks good mate!

Offline vwjack

• I live here
« Reply #79 on: 21 September 2008, 23:30 »
maybe your right on the font. i got pulled over this time last year, no fine but yeah the D gives it away.they do press plates in the uk font thats fine and uk standards.

bbs rm splits?

yeah its all about a bigger engine. im selling the 1.3 for a mk3 1.8 se cant wait to get my hands on one! :drool: