Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 432923 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LazyLunatic a.k.a. LL -> MK3 1.4 '96 Lovin' It!
« Reply #60 on: 09 September 2008, 20:31 »
WOW, i need to update this! lol

Well it has changed, but got a big decision coming up in the next couple months. Getting a valver, so do i sell. I really dont want to sell it. Just need to find a place to keep it at. Might be able to fit it in the garage, but it will mean modification to the garage  :evil: cant wait till saturday. I really like it when the garage is tidy and there is no crap in there except for mk3 golf parts. Thats how a proper garage should be!!!

So here is a load of pics to show you its current state:

Got plans for the future if i keep it. Tidy the bodywork up totally, respray the sh1te parts, which is basically everything that hasnt already been sprayed. Getting another AEX engine from rmachines, so will use that as my project engine (yeah a better start than a 20vt, more simple for me  :laugh: , us clueless kids ehh?). I can learn from that and when it is done, hopefully i will be able to tune it, so it aint a standard 1.4,  and hope to squeeze a few more bhp from it. Will clean the engine up nice along the way. Then swap the current AEX for a new AEX. Much simpler than a 20vt conversion  :tongue:

Might grab an old set of bbs ra's and refurb them myself.

I got a badgeless grill at home, but am going to wait before spraying it. Not sure if im keeping 1.4 or whether the valver will need one, so will wait and see for that one. I got dtm mirrors too, which i will probs color coded and put on 1.4 reckon they will suit the look.

Plan will most defo change, as it always does, but i will keep you all posted if i dont get lazy!!! lol!

LL ;)
« Last Edit: 09 September 2008, 21:45 by LazyLunatic »

Offline bigman_10

• Here all the time
Re: LazyLunatic a.k.a. LL -> MK3 1.4 '96 Lovin' It!
« Reply #61 on: 09 September 2008, 21:31 »
lol flippin heck mate from that last bit sounds like you've got plenty to be getting on with. :laugh: you may as well not of told us i'm still guessing as to what comes next!

sounds like its going to be good though, and cars looking sweet at the mo!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LazyLunatic's 1.4 AEX - Finally Updated!!!
« Reply #62 on: 09 September 2008, 21:57 »
haha i do tend to plan out what im doing as i write the post!!!!  helps me if i can write it down :grin:

A general plan though, sort of like goals i have set rather than a plan - stuff i want to do with it.

I dont even know what comes up next!!!!! A clean probably!!! I love the fact that the paint loves in good nick and the handles actually look properly sprayed and none of the grim had shown up, haha good old camera, makes the car look :cool:

Forgot to mention what has been done. I wont be able to list it all, cause i cant remember it all atm!! But here is goes:

- GTi interior and rear lights.
- cheap xenon headlight bulbs and ice blue sidelights
- color coded badges, bumpers and side trim.
- dewipered
- german pressed plates in Wurth plate holder/surrounds
- Powerflow custom stainless steel catback exhaust
- Full sound system; basically everything is uprated with loads of bass!!!
- custom induction kit

......... ummmmmm .......... too tired atm lol

LL ;)

Blazing Storm

« Reply #63 on: 09 September 2008, 22:06 »

It looks soooooooooooooooooo much better than it started out as. You've really transformed it into something decent.

Looks like you've learnt a lot from this, which is good. Shows you care about your car and you haven't chavved it up, which is excellent. Looks spot on apart from wheels and headlights. I'm not one for subs but that's just me (getting old lol).

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #64 on: 11 September 2008, 20:40 »
LOL!!! keep forgeting how much its changed! wtf happened to it before!!! haha!

Alloys are the ones i got with it and never got round to getting new ones - well new ones that fit! Got the azevs, which i wish fit properly but the offset is to low really and just not practical.

Need to pick up some bbs ra's. Get them off the bay real cheap, and would defo change the look. Kinda annoys me looking at the car with the fox alloys on, cause i know i should have a nice set of alloys on there!

Headlights - been trying to look for a set of hella twins for a while.
If i ever get round to it i might take them apart and spray them black (the non-reflective parts, its been done by loads of peeps on this site.)

Kinda makes me want to keep it, looking at how much it has changed and how much i have put into it.
RIGHT! im putting the work in on saturday and tidying the garage so i've got somewhere to keep this beast! Who knows it become something more in the future!

Thanks for comments peeps!!!

LL ;)

Blazing Storm

« Reply #65 on: 11 September 2008, 20:56 »
I think after all the hard work you've put into it you should keep it a while longer. I know you want something faster but at your age I'd recommend keeping it another year, saving up some money whilst building up another year's NCB and getting something you really want. I drove around in a low engined car until I was 19 when I bought something a little sportier, which worked out better as insurance was cheaper too. Just my 2 pence worth.

Some BBS wheels would look great btw.

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #66 on: 11 September 2008, 22:27 »
Yeah BBS's RA's would look well good  :tongue:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #67 on: 12 September 2008, 14:36 »
Could always stick mine on it  :wink:

Offline MooZ

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #68 on: 12 September 2008, 14:42 »
Love it mate, I really don't like bright coloured cars, but you've done this for me, I'd drive it anyday!!!
Lifes a beach!
so you may aswell die in a nice Bikini!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #69 on: 12 September 2008, 17:35 »
Love it mate, I really don't like bright coloured cars, but you've done this for me, I'd drive it anyday!!!

cheers m8 :afro:

LL ;)