Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 432475 times)

Offline archie837

• I live here
Re: LL's MK3 20VT [Resprayed LB5R + Borbet A refurb]
« Reply #1270 on: 09 July 2010, 18:03 »
No knock sensor?

This did make me laugh so hard

Hope it's all good man. If not you can always bulk buy some rattly can black? :laugh:
Project longterm Airbanger.
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=163335.0

PD150 Anni daily

kells

« Reply #1271 on: 09 July 2010, 18:06 »
still at work. going to give it a light rinse in a bit while my machine is cutting (yeah thats right the car is sh!t high), then should be able to see what the finish is like and hope that its not as bad as I first thought

I think its a mix between an amateur/rushed job and me wanting show-winning paint! I did have very very high hopes and was expecting it to be superb and flawless. *Reality check needed* :D

Looks like they haven't buffed/polished it correctly in places and there are a couple bodged-looking patches.

good luck dude :cool:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1272 on: 09 July 2010, 18:08 »
still at work. going to give it a light rinse in a bit while my machine is cutting (yeah thats right the car is sh!t high), then should be able to see what the finish is like and hope that its not as bad as I first thought

I think its a mix between an amateur/rushed job and me wanting show-winning paint! I did have very very high hopes and was expecting it to be superb and flawless. *Reality check needed* :D

Looks like they haven't buffed/polished it correctly in places and there are a couple bodged-looking patches.

good luck dude :cool:

cheers maaate :D wanna give me some more, might need it, maybe just 2 more?

kells

« Reply #1273 on: 09 July 2010, 18:11 »
good luck X 2

+ 1

hows that  :grin:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1274 on: 09 July 2010, 18:14 »
good luck X 2

+ 1

I got a feeling everything's gunna be alllllllll-right :D

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1275 on: 09 July 2010, 18:17 »
good luck X 2

+ 1

I got a feeling everything's gunna be alllllllll-right :D

On the plus side, came across an orange ST on the way from the sprayers :D :D :evil: :D :D

Oh and wheels are back from the polishers. Mirror dishes :cool:

Don't think it will be ready for Devon Chav Car Show when I get from the states, but hey.

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #1276 on: 09 July 2010, 18:21 »
Hope it comes out okay dude! still looking forward to seeing this :smiley:

Dan

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1277 on: 09 July 2010, 18:52 »
Hope it comes out okay dude! still looking forward to seeing this :smiley:

Dan

Cheers bud :afro:

Still at work! But hopefully give a clean in a bit!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1278 on: 09 July 2010, 21:32 »
Mmm K!

Well it's clean now and I have given a good going over. Roof, bonnet, bumpers are spot on!

Bad Points:

- There are few parts near the bottom of drivers side doors that are matt-looking and feel rough. There is similar small patch on the same side where the rear bumper meets the arch.

- Part where the rear badge area was smoothed off there is a small dent and the area is every so slightly not right, although tbh you wouldn't normally see it.

- Drivers door, door strip has a slight dent and it looks it has affected the door panel right below the strip as the paint looks touched up and doesn't feel/look dead smooth

- Rear passenger door has a scuff that has been touched up badly, looks like it has be applied with a small paint brush and an attempt at buffing to hide, which didn't really work. Can still see the scuff.

There are other bits like the small windows in the rear doors weren't taken out, so the paint only goes to the rubber around the window. The same thing has been done to the inner door seals and when you open the drivers door you can see red below the bottom part of the rubber door seal.

Thats pretty much everything that I'm not happy with. I was expecting a couple things, like not removing the rear windows and door seals.

They have made up for it though in other places, new rear bumper (well the bottom plastic part is brand new!), the rear plinth was removed and painted which I couldn't remove! New bolts there too. Under the bonnet was done, which I said not to bother with. There is a few more things, so its all bad.

So all in all, its not as bad as I thought it was and the more I look at it and imagine the borbets on, I'm more happy with it. The color is awesome and the smoothed bumpers look f**king awesome!!!

Got some piccies of the wheels and will grab some piccies of the car on the weekend and throw them up here.

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #1279 on: 09 July 2010, 22:10 »
sounds good dude :smiley: glad it didn't turn out too bad in the end! need some pictures asap though :afro:

Dan