Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 433838 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
I would not fit side skirts, they look better without.

shady's looks very nice with the skirts fitted though :undecided:

i'm in two minds cause i dont want them on as i want it look as clean as possible, but i think they will tidy the car up nicely....

Nope, cleaner and tidier without plus they are water traps, glad I removed mine.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
VRDan wants sideskirts on his VR now, as the front has the splitter, the rear has the textured trim at the bottom of the bumper, but the sides are colour-coded, in my opinion it looks better with sideskirts.

Still planning on the R32 blue?

Offline Jimp

• I live here
ABT sideskirts ftw! Like the GTI ones only deeper and a bit cleaner.

Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Still planning on the R32 blue?

yes i am :)

Jimp - They do look nice, might have to have a look around.

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
If you want to keep it clean and tidy too i suggest colour coding.

With my VR i wanted to keep it lookin standard, but also different. This is what i did lol..

New black side skirts will go on to match the splitters  :smiley:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
thanks, i am color coding stuff, but keeping it clean, so no plastic arches and being a "L" model, it has the non gti door strips.

was thinking color coded side skirts too.

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
Nah just leave them off fella. Don't like colour coded arches or skirts...needs something to break the colour ESP on the older dubs. Just my opinion tho,, either way the car is getting there...blue for colour :afro:

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Nah just leave them off fella. Don't like colour coded arches or skirts...needs something to break the colour ESP on the older dubs. Just my opinion tho,, either way the car is getting there...blue for colour :afro:

i dont like arches and the car isnt a gti so never had them. Cant fit them anyway as my arches are rolled and pulled out.

UPDATE - car is in the spray shop and i popped over today and striped it down. Just need a few finishing touches and run around the door shuts, etc with scotch. Should be able to sort it tomorrow.

got a pair of FK 15mm hubcentric spacers on the way too :evil: :cool:
......no-one likes a +ve ET anyway

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
Think it was Mikester that had no sill covers just shiney smooth paint. Looked awesome.
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Think it was Mikester that had no sill covers just shiney smooth paint. Looked awesome.

thats some work!