Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 433242 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: LL's MK3 20VT Daily Hack [Bodywork in progress...]
« Reply #1190 on: 05 June 2010, 23:53 »
The camber gauge will only work as a guide really.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1191 on: 06 June 2010, 00:59 »
cheers guys, its all down to monday and a phone call to the sprayers to see if i can pop over after work in the evening and get it striped down and do any final prep work before primer.

wayne - mmmm, might pop back to the tyre place and see if they can do me a deal seeing as i have had it aligned a gzillion times there! i think standard its at -0.23 (ish) but i reckon -0.8 or -1.0 would do the trick without wearing the tyres too much, just to tuck it in and match the rear.

I reckon getting the stance right will be the hardest job yet!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1192 on: 06 June 2010, 09:41 »
cheers guys, its all down to monday and a phone call to the sprayers to see if i can pop over after work in the evening and get it striped down and do any final prep work before primer.

wayne - mmmm, might pop back to the tyre place and see if they can do me a deal seeing as i have had it aligned a gzillion times there! i think standard its at -0.23 (ish) but i reckon -0.8 or -1.0 would do the trick without wearing the tyres too much, just to tuck it in and match the rear.

Trust me it is better than trying to sort it with a camber gauge.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1193 on: 06 June 2010, 12:58 »

i know for a fact that my alignment needs to be SPOT ON. If is out by just a little, it makes all the difference! Guess it can be handy to have if you swap the suspension over a lot or take the car apart a lot, would mean you could get it roughly right for when you drive to the alignment place.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1194 on: 06 June 2010, 16:46 »

i know for a fact that my alignment needs to be SPOT ON. If is out by just a little, it makes all the difference! Guess it can be handy to have if you swap the suspension over a lot or take the car apart a lot, would mean you could get it roughly right for when you drive to the alignment place.

Yes will help :afro:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Ok so borbets are off and tyres taken off ready to be refurbed. Car is pretty much ready for primer now, so trying to push the sprayers for this week, but looks like it will go there friday night, ready for saturday. So wont be painted til the following week, but hey, at least it getting there.

Gives me time to sort the borbets and other things. Got to spray my mirrors and vw badge next.

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
looking forward to seeing it sprayed mate, are ya going to be fitting gti side skirts?  :smiley:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
looking forward to seeing it sprayed mate, are ya going to be fitting gti side skirts?  :smiley:

im trying to source some before its sprayed, but looks like that might be happening after now :(

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
I would not fit side skirts, they look better without.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
I would not fit side skirts, they look better without.

shady's looks very nice with the skirts fitted though :undecided:

i'm in two minds cause i dont want them on as i want it look as clean as possible, but i think they will tidy the car up nicely....