Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 432907 times)

Offline mattneck(Beavis)

• I live here
  • Bristol's Own (DJ) Beavis ;-)
Re: LL's MK3 20VT Daily Hack [Bodywork in progress...]
« Reply #1170 on: 24 May 2010, 14:01 »
06B-905-115E Hitachi coil packs made in China, and I've heard untopward stories relating to them and some people saying they aren't great.. - I always quote on Beru as they are OE I'll always quote on or genuine, we list Beru as a J due to supersessions and genuine as N/Q/R, B and D also available..

The part number history under Beru goes as follows..

06A 905 115
06A 905 115A
06A 905 115B
06A 905 115C
06B 905 115D
06B 905 115G
06B 905 115H
06B 905 115J
06B 905 115L
06B 905 115M
06B 905 115N
06B 905 115P
06B 905 115Q
06B 905 115R
06C 905 115C

IMO I'd go with the Beru everytime - they supply the factory more than any other manu, and we sell them all the time and haven't had a spec of trouble..!

Sig Removed. No Longer Applicable. New Sig? Nah. Not Yet..

Sharpo says: (16:57:39)
to be honest i dont doubt that half ggti users have a shortcut on their desktop for sharpie's last posts

Offline JoshGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1171 on: 24 May 2010, 18:04 »
Hey, can I ask, when you did all these mods at 17, how'd it affect your insurance?

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1172 on: 26 May 2010, 16:37 »
Hey, can I ask, when you did all these mods at 17, how'd it affect your insurance?

it didnt ;)

cheers beavis! sounds good to me, i just heard great things about these new hitachi ones, but will keep oem if the latest vw have released are actually right this time! :D

the replacement i got from my friend was "r spec" but i see they have released a later one now..

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1173 on: 28 May 2010, 08:43 »
just a mini update.

bad news, im getting pi$$ed off with my car cause its not sprayed yet, but i pi$$ed off with doing bodywork so its never going to get sprayed! :D :D :D

after the big shows this weekend, i think bank holiday monday will be a bodywork day for me! see how the weather holds up down here.

its pretty much ready though tbh, just need to flat back my new bonnet and grill and go over the roof and boot again and finish smoothing the bumpers. About a days work really. Want it fully prepped and ready for primer after this weekend, so the following weekend it can go to the spray shop and be stripped ready.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1174 on: 01 June 2010, 08:56 »
OK! So i was going to get the prep work done by working on it on all day monday but after like 10-20mins i got pi$$ed off with it all and decided i hate filler, sand paper and im never doing body work again!!! :D :D :D

So on the phone it was and its now being handed over to Dom at T&D Bodyworks this week to get the prep work finished. If all goes well, I will drive it over to the spray shop on saturday and strip it down ready for primer and paint :)

Wheels will be coming off this week for a refurb too! Spenny and Dre can work there magic on them, so hopefully after these next couple weeks it should be a new car!

Apart from the above, purchases this month will include strut braces i reckon and a 4 wheel laser alignment (again and again!!!) trying to find somewhere that will actually do it right! I want my rear wheels to be straight!!!

More updates this week :)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1175 on: 01 June 2010, 09:06 »
OK! So i was going to get the prep work done by working on it on all day monday but after like 10-20mins i got pi$$ed off with it all and decided i hate filler, sand paper and im never doing body work again!!! :D :D :D

So on the phone it was and its now being handed over to Dom at T&D Bodyworks this week to get the prep work finished. If all goes well, I will drive it over to the spray shop on saturday and strip it down ready for primer and paint :)

Wheels will be coming off this week for a refurb too! Spenny and Dre can work there magic on them, so hopefully after these next couple weeks it should be a new car!

Apart from the above, purchases this month will include strut braces i reckon and a 4 wheel laser alignment (again and again!!!) trying to find somewhere that will actually do it right! I want my rear wheels to be straight!!!

It is not adjustable so maybe your beam is bent.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1176 on: 01 June 2010, 09:34 »

It is not adjustable so maybe your beam is bent.

i know, but there is movement (very little) when you undo the bolts and so i have bolted the beam on pissed, although you wouldnt know by looking!

Offline Danger Shepster

• Just got here
« Reply #1177 on: 02 June 2010, 23:02 »
That car looks totally awesome.

Do you get the matt black look by painting & not cutting & polishing?

Also, how do you get the euro look with the wheels? I assume you get a smaller width tyre so the rubber spreads out to fill the rim?

Great stuff.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1178 on: 03 June 2010, 08:27 »
That car looks totally awesome.

Do you get the matt black look by painting & not cutting & polishing?

Also, how do you get the euro look with the wheels? I assume you get a smaller width tyre so the rubber spreads out to fill the rim?

Great stuff.

Cheers bud :)

just used matt black paint rattle cans, managed to get a 12pk for £12!

Wheels are 9J wide with an offset of ET15 so they stick out and i run 215's so the tyres are stretched on :)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1179 on: 03 June 2010, 11:04 »
So car is down at the bodyshop til tomorrow, so cant wait to get it back!

i did drop the rear tyre pressures to 26psi and upped the fronts to 34psi. Made a difference to its stability, especially when letting off. So its strut braces next to reduce the chassis flex and i reckon it should handle a lot better.

Wayne - the guy at the body shop reckoned the rear beam bolts into the same place no matter what, so there might be play when the bolts are loose, but when you tighten the bolts it goes into the same place regardless of where you moved it when the bolts were loose. I dont know if this is correct....

a friend of mine said he straighten his up by loosening the bolts and moving it that little bit and it made all the difference to how it felt to drive.... :undecided:

We'll see how it goes when the strut braces are in place.