Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 433673 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LL's MK3 20VT Daily Hack [New intercooler fitted!]
« Reply #1040 on: 31 March 2010, 18:40 »
Can't wait to see these pics! we have been waiting for this for ages!  :laugh:

only fitted the damn thing last nite! :D

took a few quick pics today with my old bumper on and my "old" splitter, which some will recognise. a new splitter will be on its way; to be color coded when the car is resprayed.

bumper needed a little shaving at the back and its still a tight fit, but nevertheless its fitted and bolt on, although i dont think it helps the sleeper look as the new cooler is a polished alloy one lol

will get pics up asap, need to get them off my phone but i havent got my cable on me. will see if i can bluetooth them across.....

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1041 on: 02 April 2010, 11:45 »
Here's a few pics of the new cooler fitted and my bumper fitted too :)

cooler out the box:

used a bit of ali 90 angle, drilled a few holes in it, bolted it to the cooler and to the steel crossmember:

bumper needed a bit of work to get on, but its on! ignore the splitter being like it is, i have sourced a new one, its just the i think the hazard is holding it together sort of. plus i want to keep it like it is lol.

I also managed to pick up a new set of roof gutter rubbers (cheers stu, owe you bud), so they are sorted!

Just need to smooth the front bumper a little and get the tailgate cut and welded and smoothed. Then I need a GTI grill and im sorted and ready for the prep work to begin! Although a little bit of rust treatment here and there is needed.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1042 on: 02 April 2010, 12:05 »
Looks loads better.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #1043 on: 02 April 2010, 12:17 »
Mate that looks sweet! I hope you're going to cut out the bars in front of the intercooler? Lol!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1044 on: 02 April 2010, 12:30 »
Mate that looks sweet! I hope you're going to cut out the bars in front of the intercooler? Lol!

yeah probs, will cut out a few and see how the strength of it is. i will start from the middle and work out me thinks.

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #1045 on: 02 April 2010, 12:41 »
Looking really good there Mate :afro:
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #1046 on: 02 April 2010, 13:19 »
That looks sick man!

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #1047 on: 02 April 2010, 13:38 »

yeah probs, will cut out a few and see how the strength of it is. i will start from the middle and work out me thinks.

I've seen quite a few MK3s with them cut out so I guess it'll be strong enough, but will look loads better for sure.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1048 on: 02 April 2010, 14:05 »
thanks for the comments! i really want to get moving on the bodywork now and get it sprayed!

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #1049 on: 02 April 2010, 14:14 »
Aren't the Bars removable anyway? I'm pretty sure that if i pulled on mine they moved about. Can't remember if that was the mk3 or mk2 though.

Looks f**king epic now! Bumper has made such an improvement. Think it needs a touch lower on the front to get rid of arch gap and then it would be perfect! (I understand that you dont want to smash stuff up hence it being higher though)