Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 433332 times)

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: LL's MK3 20VT Daily Hack [NEW PICS!]
« Reply #1000 on: 15 March 2010, 14:39 »
Wally cans to the ready.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1001 on: 15 March 2010, 14:46 »
mick, he's not 17 anymore.  :grin:

LL looks much better with the bonnet like that. And loving the idea of it being sprayed R32 blue, that'll look the nuts! I hope you're getting it done properly though?

yeah lol, 20 in april!

cheers bud, im surprised as to how much better the bonnet looks!

will be sprayed properly yes, just need a place to spray it, got a sprayer and can get paint through work. its the prep work im not looking forward to. need to look at the front end before i get to work on anything else and going to do a few more little touches here and there.

Offline Jimp

• I live here
« Reply #1002 on: 15 March 2010, 18:20 »
How deep is your intercooler LL? Have you deleted you AC or moved back your radiator for space yet?
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1003 on: 15 March 2010, 19:36 »
How deep is your intercooler LL? Have you deleted you AC or moved back your radiator for space yet?

its a vr front end, rad is standard postition. slam panel has been chopped to fit the cooler.

cooler is probs 5"-6" deep

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1004 on: 19 March 2010, 11:09 »
pics to come later peeps, bonnet is rusting up nicely :cool:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1005 on: 20 March 2010, 12:27 »
arghh! electrical problem has appeared from nowhere and now it wont start. the fuel pump wont turn. i checked it and it does work.

battery is pretty much dead, so im thinking an earth has broke somewhere or some connection has broke or something. going to look at it today.

its strange cause the dials have stopped working and i havent played with any wiring.....

so not a happy bunny :angry:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1006 on: 20 March 2010, 13:09 »
right well i dont know whats gone wrong. i didnt touch anything and the trip on the clocks dont work, the dials dont work and the fuel pump wont turn on and my battery is dying. everything else works as it should, even with the battery dying it all works, but the car wont turn over like it did yesterday.

i did find a leak in the passenger footwell but i am unsure as to where it can from but the water doesnt seem to have touched any wiring so im stumped :(

anyone shed some light on what could have caused this?

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1007 on: 20 March 2010, 14:40 »
sorted :cool:

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
  • MMMMMMM Rust my favourite
« Reply #1008 on: 20 March 2010, 14:52 »
wa was it ?

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1009 on: 20 March 2010, 16:24 »
wa was it ?

dont know! lol i took the scuttle panel off and the drains were clear but there was some crap under and around the pollen filter so water had built up there. never found a wet wire or any problems. i disconnected the battery, dropped the fusebox and had a check and it was all ok. all was good in the engine bay too. so i connected the battery back up and jumped it off the work van and it started.

its a bit worrying, i think it might be something to do with a leak, cause i didnt anything to the car. it was dry on the way to work, it rained while i was at work and then it broke. so the rain would be the problem.... i got a feeling it came through the scuttle tray, so i have sealed it with duck tape :D

its out in the rain now, so will see how it gets on. its been out in the rain a lot before and i never had this problem though :undecided: