Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 429959 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: LL's MK3 20VT Daily Hack [NEW PICS!]
« Reply #990 on: 15 March 2010, 09:19 »
Bonnet :afro:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #991 on: 15 March 2010, 09:22 »
Bloody hell mate, I'm liking it again lol
sounds a good future plan for it though!

cheers bud lol.

few bits that need looking into and sorting in terms of body work before i go ahead with a respray.

Bonnet :afro:

cheers! :)

will get some better pics up soon of it with its new look bonnet and clean alloys :D

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
« Reply #992 on: 15 March 2010, 10:24 »
LL, you got the rust showing through I take it?  dunno if you thought of this, but what about transparent vinyl and then the white squares...that way the rust won't change in colour, as it will just ultimately go orange??

Get some nice daylight close ups :wink:

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #993 on: 15 March 2010, 10:34 »
LL, you got the rust showing through I take it?  dunno if you thought of this, but what about transparent vinyl and then the white squares...that way the rust won't change in colour, as it will just ultimately go orange??

Get some nice daylight close ups :wink:

mm i was thinking about sealing it, but i was trying to rust it on the weekend too :D

The bonnet is *ucked anyway, so will probs let it rust. When it comes to respraying the car, i will probs grab another bonnet, so i have a bonnet to match the car. i can always grab another bonnet and do it again; but properly, i.e. sand it down after grinding the bonnet, polish it up, laquer it/laminate and chequer it.

Offline mick ov mids

• I live here
Re: LazyLunatic's 1.4 AEX---> Serious changes in the pipeline
« Reply #994 on: 15 March 2010, 11:38 »
It's still a 1.4

It's still Barryboys.co.uk fodder.

It's still proof you can't polish a turd. 

It's still entertaining watching you continue try polishing it though.

As you were.

You're still a dick.

LL's car still looks 20x better than your sh!tty syncro.

I still wouldn't want you banned - it's entertaining watching a fully grown man b!tch over the internet. LOL.

As you were.
+1 iv actually enjoyed reading this thread so far and for a 17 yr old lad i must agree that you have done a top job so far (doesnt look a chav mobile) ignore the lame insults from lame men like dh mate and keep up the top work, im yet to carry on reading through so will leave a final comment on page 100  :laugh:
[img width=500 height=200]http://i836.photobucket.com/albums

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #995 on: 15 March 2010, 11:50 »
It's still a 1.4

It's still Barryboys.co.uk fodder.

It's still proof you can't polish a turd. 

It's still entertaining watching you continue try polishing it though.

As you were.

You're still a dick.

LL's car still looks 20x better than your sh!tty syncro.

I still wouldn't want you banned - it's entertaining watching a fully grown man b!tch over the internet. LOL.

As you were.
+1 iv actually enjoyed reading this thread so far and for a 17 yr old lad i must agree that you have done a top job so far (doesnt look a chav mobile) ignore the lame insults from lame men like dh mate and keep up the top work, im yet to carry on reading through so will leave a final comment on page 100  :laugh:

lol cheers bud, appeciate the comment :)

its quite a lot to read through and a lot of it was lost when the site went down a while back.

look forward to the next comment!

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #996 on: 15 March 2010, 12:26 »
im liking the bonnet! :lipsrsealed: was your matt paint job done professionally or rattle can? sorry if you've already covered this, im just at work :grin:

Offline luke

• I live here
  • When in doubt, whip it out!
« Reply #997 on: 15 March 2010, 12:52 »
looking good, any future plans under the bonnet?
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #998 on: 15 March 2010, 13:49 »
im liking the bonnet! :lipsrsealed: was your matt paint job done professionally or rattle can? sorry if you've already covered this, im just at work :grin:

cheers bud! its rusting as we speak! might need a light seasoning of salt later on though :D

rattle cans, its not that bad really, if i gave it another coat or 2 and sanded it back a little, if would be a good finish, but i would need to do the bits i missed.

i want a gloss finish though, so looking into dark blue and blacks atm :cool:

looking good, any future plans under the bonnet?

no upgrades as of yet except maybe a rebuilt box with a new ATB diff. engine would stay as is. I would like to get the engine out and freshen up the parts with paint and match the bay to the car if i got it resprayed.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #999 on: 15 March 2010, 14:25 »
mick, he's not 17 anymore.  :grin:

LL looks much better with the bonnet like that. And loving the idea of it being sprayed R32 blue, that'll look the nuts! I hope you're getting it done properly though?