Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 433709 times)

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
Re: LL's MK3 20VT SLEEPER [going to the garage to get it all fixed]
« Reply #850 on: 08 February 2010, 23:27 »
sounding not all too bad then really and if you can do 30+ mpg then cool on a car that quick!

would love to do this to mine in the future as the shell on mine is mint with it only being 62k on clock! plus to surprise people that its not your normal mk3 golf gti when you put your foot down!  :evil:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #851 on: 08 February 2010, 23:45 »
sounding not all too bad then really and if you can do 30+ mpg then cool on a car that quick!

would love to do this to mine in the future as the shell on mine is mint with it only being 62k on clock! plus to surprise people that its not your normal mk3 golf gti when you put your foot down!  :evil:

yeah qpeng said 30+ is about right. thats with sensible driving and then putting your foot down every now and then. which is how i drive :D

motorway driving should see even better i guess.

i get a lot of people asking "is that a turbo?" gets boring explaining, so just tell them its a 1.4 :D gave a e36 m3 a shock :evil:
if you do it, just make sure you research and dont skip anything, dont rush it or try to cut costs cause it will only bite you in the a$$ later.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #852 on: 09 February 2010, 13:28 »
Random texts are fun.  :grin: :lipsrsealed:

Hopefully it'll all get sorted today man, and make sure to keep drinking water, don't dehydrate with all the work haha!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #853 on: 09 February 2010, 13:39 »
Random texts are fun.  :grin: :lipsrsealed:

Hopefully it'll all get sorted today man, and make sure to keep drinking water, don't dehydrate with all the work haha!

Hopefully, then i can move onto bodywork and getting the new rims to fit without rubbing. Hammer time! :D

and plan a respray maybe...... all depends on if i can get a location to do it.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LL's MK3 20VT SLEEPER [NEW RIMS FITTED!]
« Reply #854 on: 11 February 2010, 11:58 »
My mate got most of it sorted, he's got it again today to sort the gears out. didnt have enough time to do it yesterday, but pretty sure it was the selector mech that sits inside the box. going to the use the one out of the g60 box.

Also got my borbets on there and sit fine! no rubbing on the arches. need 5mm spacers on the front cause they are very very close to the calipers, and when cornering left you can hear rubbing. i assume its the hitting the calipers, but it is only the one side.
havent had the tracking camber done yet as its all been apart to change the hub, bearing, etc. so will get that done when i get the car back.

I know its against the law on here to not put pics up when you fit new alloys, they are coming!

might get the arches out a little more, but will see how it goes. car isnt slammed, so they arent going to rub and plus i rolled them out a lot a while back.

i want a lsd!! anything cheaper than a £650 quaife one??

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #855 on: 11 February 2010, 12:00 »
I hate you!! Deffo need pics... :tongue:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #856 on: 11 February 2010, 12:16 »
I hate you!! Deffo need pics... :tongue:

i no, i no! no time this morning or im late for work (cant be late, like ever again lol) and last night couldnt b f**ked cause it was soooo cold and i was v tired, and i was fed up of trying soo hard to shift gears that didnt want to look at it :D

due to my shifting, i have broke the gear knob! will get pics up of it too! so i got my old sparco chav knob on there atm :sick: i want to get a pool ball on there and get matching valve caps too :)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #857 on: 11 February 2010, 14:20 »
Looking forward to pics.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #858 on: 11 February 2010, 14:38 »
ok BAD NEWS....

to sort out my gear problem, i.e. they are very sloppy, hard to get into gears, etc. It needs a new box. Yep, found out the problem is in the box itself. i got a spare g60 box which i hoping to fit a lsd into.

might have to fit the spare g60 gearbox. Will probs get the mk4 shifter fitted at the same time, as the shifter in the car is a little f**ked too.

sort of good news, will be getting spacers on tonight and alignment done on the weekend :)

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
Re: LL's MK3 20VT Daily Hack [NEW RIMS FITTED!]
« Reply #859 on: 12 February 2010, 10:25 »
dude, i need pics, lol!!!!!

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!