Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 432536 times)

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Re: LL's MK3 20VT [Its Alive!]
« Reply #620 on: 27 October 2009, 12:44 »
ohh and i talked to my m8 and he said the cable shift mech for the 02a box has adjustment and thats probs why it wont select properly. Anyone know how to adjust it?

I think the adjustment is on the shift tower on the gearbox - there are slots in where the cables bolt down.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #621 on: 27 October 2009, 17:18 »
12v is low.

Sure the battery is OK?
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #622 on: 29 October 2009, 09:46 »
12v is low.

Sure the battery is OK?

+1 might be worth trying a new battery.

well its worse now, i got no ignition lol. i changed the ignition switch hoping to fix it and it didnt work. got a sparky coming to look over it all. i think its something simple but i want it done properly and i dont want to f**k it up more lol. so let someone who knows what they are doing sort it.

ohh and i talked to my m8 and he said the cable shift mech for the 02a box has adjustment and thats probs why it wont select properly. Anyone know how to adjust it?

I think the adjustment is on the shift tower on the gearbox - there are slots in where the cables bolt down.

thanks, my m8 knew how to do it and i let him do, but i need to refurb the tower or get a new one as my problem is each gear feels slack cause of the play in the tower. although i can select all the gears and gearbox is fine. might pop to vw and see what they can do.

Cheers peeps :)

Hopefully if the sparky can sort the electric side then i will just need to check it all over, do some adjustmenting and tighten all the bolts lol!

safe

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LL's MK3 20VT [New Vid!]
« Reply #623 on: 30 October 2009, 12:16 »
-
« Last Edit: 30 October 2009, 12:22 by LazyLunatic »

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #624 on: 04 November 2009, 19:58 »

lol.

Offline gor131-x

• Not said much yet
« Reply #625 on: 08 November 2009, 02:36 »
started reading at 12.37am and just finished now at 02.34am,all 63 pages,wow,gota give it bud,absolutely awesome job and a tremendous display of courage and b*lls!

any final pics? and dont mean to be nosey but what was the dreaded insurance and tax?

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #626 on: 30 November 2009, 20:58 »
yo peeps, long time no speak!

mot this week, thing sounds awesome, runs sweet. ohh and havent driven it yet lol, still waiting on my throttle cable bracket and another bit for it to improve it.

fixed the smoking dash thing and not starting issue, the engine earth was just sh!t, so put a really thick, decent cable in and its fine. havent been able to sort the dash and clocks issue, but got a cat 2 going on soon, so will get them to look at it then.

other than that, needs a few tweeks here and there, clutch cable fouling the wiper mech and stuff like that, but its almost ready to roll haha.

insurance is sorted through adrian flux, came to a deal of £1780 TPFT, with breakdown, all the mumbo jumbo protection, legal, personal, etc. tax dont know yet, sending off the v5 this week about the changes.

btw, cheers gor131-x  thats what the 63 pages are for, reference and good reading lol. was another load of pages, not sure how many, 40+ maybe that went missing when the site went down, would have you going til sunrise lol. got a few pics, but i havent been a$$ed to get on this site, let alone upload pics :D not promising anything, but will try and get some up while at work.

DH - shhhhhh, dont say a word! :D

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #627 on: 30 November 2009, 22:08 »
Is it not......

:lipsrsealed:
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #628 on: 01 December 2009, 10:27 »
Is it not......

:lipsrsealed:

haha, nope.

its just been sat there for a while and been started every so often.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #629 on: 01 December 2009, 15:43 »