Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 433285 times)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Re: LazyLunatic's MK3 20VT Conversion [Its Close Now!] NEW PICS!
« Reply #610 on: 24 September 2009, 12:30 »
Those bumps I went over when I came to see you were pretty epic lol, your face was priceless!

"how is he making it over these!!!" haha!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #611 on: 24 September 2009, 14:07 »
Those bumps I went over when I came to see you were pretty epic lol, your face was priceless!

LOL! "not a chance your making it over these speedbumps!"

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #612 on: 24 September 2009, 14:17 »

LOL! "not a chance your making it over these speedbumps!"

"We'll see Alex, we'll see."

For the record, I win. HAHA!

How low is your going to be?

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #613 on: 24 September 2009, 16:23 »
I would be tempted to put soemthing over the lowest part/bend of those pipes, as it would tear a hole in them easy.

Plus if it dont make a hole it would just push on them upwards, which wont be good. lol

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #614 on: 24 September 2009, 19:06 »
I would be tempted to put soemthing over the lowest part/bend of those pipes, as it would tear a hole in them easy.

Plus if it dont make a hole it would just push on them upwards, which wont be good. lol

yeah, im going to grab a set 17" and it wont be slammed. i will have to play with the height so i can get as low as possible but still have some drivability.

as for the 17's, got a set in mind and i got a color i want to do (LOL) but you will all have to wait and see!! some will hate them, but mehh, i wont!

i know its extra weight, but too protect the sump and piping, etc, i might get my m8 to sort out a guard. grab a sheet and cut and bend it to cover the whole base of the engine. not sure what material, would use ali if would be strong enough, cause its lighter than steel. but the idea is just a thought. will need to see how bad it scrapes etc.

Offline funkyfive

• I live here
Re: LL's MK3 20VT [Its Close Now, Very Close!] NEW PICS!
« Reply #615 on: 24 September 2009, 22:25 »
Awesome and Jealous at the same time lol.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LL's MK3 20VT [Its Close Now, Very Close!] NEW PICS!
« Reply #616 on: 02 October 2009, 08:12 »
Its Alive!!!!!!!!!!!

hopefully tonight i can get the throttle and clutch cables sorted and get the zaust connected up.

then im left with a couple problems:

1 - gear linkage, not sure if its the mech or the way i fitted it or something, but im having trouble selecting gears and staying in them using the gear stick.

2 - no reverse lights, just need to find out how the gearbox does this. i got the two wires and connector that went on the old gearbox, but there is no where to plug it on the 02a box. will pop to vw to find out about it.

3 - no clocks, so no tacho, speedo, fuel gauge or coolant temp. also the mileage and time screens dont work; but it all lights up and warning lights work too.

4 - wiring nightmare! i got a few spare wires in the bay from the fusebox, i know what a few are for (oil pressure switch, charge indicator, etc). also got a live and an couple that go live with the ignition. put two red ones together (live and ignition live and the fuel pump stays on lol).

<<<<<<<<< ALSO.... one of the wires going from the fusebox to the ignition barrel has melted and smokes when i try to start the car. didnt do this before, so now i cant start it, its as if the battery is flat. so im guessing this wire is taking all the amps or whatever instead of it going to the starter........... >>>>>>>>>>

Im going to have a look at it all tonight, hopefully get driveable (as in cables, zaust, etc). but not sure if i can sort the wiring, will just have to slave over until i can figure it out.

OUT.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LL's MK3 20VT [New Video!]
« Reply #617 on: 26 October 2009, 00:34 »
Here's a link to a vid i did a few weeks back. its just crappy one, but shows it running! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN9AZ5x59LA

pretty much done now, just need to get in an auto sparky to finish it off. then tweak the shift mech and throttle cable.

sort out the paper work, MOT, and im ready to roll.

havent done much to it in a while though.......

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Re: LL's MK3 20VT [New Video!]
« Reply #618 on: 26 October 2009, 09:10 »
pretty much done now, just need to get in an auto sparky to finish it off.

Eh?  I thought these QPong looms just bolted right up?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LL's MK3 20VT [Its Alive!]
« Reply #619 on: 27 October 2009, 08:51 »
pretty much done now, just need to get in an auto sparky to finish it off.

Eh?  I thought these QPong looms just bolted right up?

yeah they do, that was easy, but i think i have crossed some live wires that were dangling around or something. i changed the ignition switch thinking it would solve the fired wire problem but the engine wont start. i found its down to the starter and charge to it. there is 12v to it but it doesnt seem to have the power to do any starting.

its not the starter either. i checked it with another starter by just wiring a spare one up. I expected it to go ape sh!t as a starter would do when its not attached to a box, but it hardly did anything and then like 10 seconds of starting it started to engage and speed up......

so yeah, so close to being done! ohh and i got a clutch! need to tinker it a bit so the cables path through the bay is better and so it doesnt foul the wiper motor arms.

throttle cable needs looking at too. its on but needs tweaking so its feels right and throttle response is good and so it opens the throttle more than a 1/3 the way! lol

ohh and i talked to my m8 and he said the cable shift mech for the 02a box has adjustment and thats probs why it wont select properly. Anyone know how to adjust it?

:)