Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 432627 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Wow, some photographic proof of the progress.
Seriously though, I'm impressed. From where you started as a novice with a plain Mk3 to this, is good going.
Lets see if finished soon.

cheers m8 :)

yeah my picture updates are getting rare these days lol. sorted the rear of the car on saturday; went over and tightened all the bolts, replaced any corroded brake lines and reconfigured the lines to cancel out the load compensator. also got the master cylinder plumbed in. here's a few of the brake lines:

just received a load of stuff from siliconhoses.com so will put all this on tonight and put the offside driveshaft back together and bolt that on, then put the ball joint, hub, wheel, etc back on.
boost piping is pretty much sorted now, will be fitting the new uprated stuff later, but here is how it looked when it was trail fitted:

recent engine pic, wiring is all sorted and neat, just the front end wiring will need to be connected and plug in the ecu. plus a sticker on the inlet for the pic lol.

fire extinguisher fixed in the boot...... just in case  :shocked:

Looking awesome. You will have to give me some tips early next year when i start mine.

no worries :afro:

Offline shepgti

• I live here
mmmm shiney pipework  :drool:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project

haha, yep!

.....although i am tempted by spraying the boost pipes, rocker cover and inlet manifold black :lipsrsealed:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot

haha, yep!

.....although i am tempted by spraying the boost pipes, rocker cover and inlet manifold black :lipsrsealed:

I would leave it shiny / silver

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
How much were the boost pipes?

Down Hill From Here.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
How much were the boost pipes?

got the lot + some extra for £50

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
Re: LazyLunatic's MK3 1.8T Conversion [Almost done!]
« Reply #566 on: 26 August 2009, 11:54 »
So going to have it on the road for next friday?

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #567 on: 26 August 2009, 12:18 »
It's almost done? It's about bloody time haha!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #568 on: 26 August 2009, 12:30 »
So going to have it on the road for next friday?

ahh..... we'll see....... gotta make up brackets and cables for the clutch and throttle. non of the recommended cables have worked so far, so need to source them again.

also need to bolt on the downpipe and attach it to the exhaust. looks like it will foul the arb and steering joint....... could be interesting.

got a few little bits to sort this weekend. getting new thick wiring for the battery in the boot to the starter and wiring the fusebox live to the battery. battery also needs to be secured in the boot.

also gotta put the aux belt on, bleed the brakes and sort out an air filter. block off the holes on the TIP, TB and inlet manifold and connect up the fuel lines and sort out a bottom rad hose.

once the coolant and pas reservoirs are mounted and secure, and the above is sorted then i will fill up the engine with fluids, put the front end up and wire it up an put on the boost pipes. 

DONE! so yeah, maybe, but still lots to do!

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #569 on: 31 August 2009, 16:33 »
Is that sticker on the manifold heat proof ? Will it not melt ?